Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my english is very bad but.....
I have a Integra Ls with a Aem Cai and header and test pipe (i live in Chile). I´m interested in a muffler. I found a sport muffler with 2.5" inlet. My question, is this size to much for my car, is better 2.25".
Thanks

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Your english isn't that bad....don't sweat it.

You need to give us a little more info about your car and goals so we can help you. If you are like most of the guys on here, your car is a daily driver and you plan on modifying the car with bolt on's only (for reliability and financial reasons).

What type of header do you have?

Typically, on a non-vtec integra that will receive only the usual engine bolt-on's (intake, header, catalytic converter, exhaust) you will want a 4-2-1 header with a 2" collector-->2.25" high flow cat--->2.25" mandrel bent exhaust.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don´t sure about the sport headers size, but it´s a normal model, not of 2.5"). I have a 2.25" test pipe and a stock muffler..
I want to know what is a good muffler size (inlet-outlet)for my car. Thanks

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
If my english is confusing you please say so. I'm not sure how well you read it versus writing it.

normal model? Is it a 4-1 design or 4-2-1 design?

This is what a 4-1 design looks like:

This is what a 4-2-1 design looks like:

Notice that in the two pictures where the primary header tubes come together, thats how you can tell which design you have.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Assuming that you're only going to add the usual bolt on parts, you will want 2.25 inch exhaust piping and a muffler with 2.25 inch inlets and outlets.

Also, I recommend getting high flow catalytic converter to complete your setup. Carsound makes a great cat.

Private message me if you have any questions about what brands to buy.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Yo espero no hacer confundas tu.

Tu necesitas tuberia de 2.25" para tu muffler. Que modelo tu auto? Mis amigos en www.vrsexhaust.com venden tuberia de 2.25" y muffler con inlet de 2.25". E-mail Miguel, yo creo ello habla espanol.

Espero yo ayudo tu muy bueno!

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
For those homo-lingual people (would that be the correct way of saying that? Who knows...)

"You need 2.25" tubing for your muffler. What model Integra do you have? People at www.vrsexhaust.com can seel you 2.25" tubing and 2.25" muffler. E-mail miguel, I believe he speaks Spanish.

I hope I helped you out pretty good!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My car is a 95 LS.
I do not want to place catback. only a muffler to put it with the original tube of the car.(my car have a AEM CAI, Header and a "test pipe".
You say that a 2,25"inlet and outlet muffler are sufficient.
what´s happen if I put to the car a 2.5"inlet and outlet muffler?
There are a cheap muffler with a good sound???($100 aprox).
Thanks

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Por un hombre de Nuevo Orleans.....su hablas espanol muy bien. Adonde estudias espanol?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
IntegraBad18c on Sep/12/02 said:
For those homo-lingual people (would that be the correct way of saying that? Who knows...)
I suppose I deserved that for not taking anything past 1st year Spanish. :\

I believe that the correct term would be unilingual.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
IntegraBad18c on Sep/13/02 said:
LOL the opposite of bi is not homo... the opposite of homo would be hetero.. lol how about uni-lingual?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
2.5" will kill your exhaust flow velocity. Do you know the diameter of your test pipe? I'd stick with a 2.25" muffler.

Why are you so opposed to running a high-flow cat with a free flow cat-back exhaust?

Por que no te gusta uno "gato" y exhaust? Por ejemplo, un gato de Carsound aspira asi como su testpipe. El gato es mejor de su testpipe porque es mejor para ambiente.

Ha. bilingual TI!!!! Who woulda thunk it?
Equipo Integra. Todo Integra. Todo Tiempo.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The problem is that the products I must import them of the USA and that is very expensive.
In my city (Concepción) it is not necessary to use catalytic.
There are a cheap muffler with a good sound?????

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
The integra type R muffler piece might be a good option for you....and I'm sure that you can find one in your country which will cut down on shipping and import taxes....just contact an acura/honda dealer in Chile.

·
Registered
577 Posts
AGGintegra on Sep/13/02 said:
The problem is that the products I must import them of the USA and that is very expensive.
In my city (Concepción) it is not necessary to use catalytic.
There are a cheap muffler with a good sound?????
oooh, you dont need a cat all together. cool. I'd go with the guys here have been telling you, a 2.25" In & Outlet exhaust, not a 2.5". Why?? becuase the 2.5" will create too much backpressure, which will restrict airflow, which will make you lose power.

BTW fellas I don't think its Uni-lingual either. I think its "monolingual" (bi is 2, mono is 1)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
2.5 will slow down the exhaust flow too much and will negatively affect the scavenging effect at cam overlap.

i think you were thinking backwards there, gerson. good call on the monolingual thing... what was i thinking?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I understand then that 2,25"are the correct measurement for my Integra.( I have seen few products of 2,25" and many of 2,5 and 3" of diametro).
Can give me some directions to buy products online? (and cheap).
Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts