Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Situation: I have a 2" drop on my '98 GS-R and I am getting 17x7 wheels with 205/40/17 tires.

Question: Will I rub?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
if it does rub - it will most likely be under very sharp turns and hard cornering.... I wouldn't worry about it too much

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
You should find out the offset of the wheel like silverSE said. That's the most important factor that surprisingly everyone looks over.

If you plus size your tires correctly the diameter shouldn't be any different from stock, so whether they are 15s or 17s it does not matter. What matters are the width and offset of the wheel.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
should be fine, but like mentioned before, the offset of the wheel matters, as well as the width of the tire. 205's should be fine, but I've heard of people rubbing with 215's. I'm on 17's with 205's and I'm dropped about 2" and I don't have any problems... just with the front scraping and I have to go up curbs at an angle. And railroad tracks suck.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
SurferX... hehe not trying to be mean or anything...

wouldn't it be "overlooked" not looked over... cuz if they looked it over that means the DID look at it. Ok sorry, i dunno why but that was buggin me. I'm done now

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm not sure if a g3 is a different offset then a g2 but I have 205/40/17's with a 43 offset and droped like4 inches and only rub on the sife of the passanger wheel on a full turn(trying to turn arond in the street) but the only problem i have is my driveway is to steep to even angle my car up...........Wichita streets+low drop= losts of diberglass work to my new lip!

·
Registered
259 Posts
i might sound retarded asking this, but what exactly does "offset" mean? ive been wondering about rubbing too because im lowered 2 1/4" and am looking at some rims that have a 40 offset. should that be ok if i get low-pro tires?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts