Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just announcing that I am starting my build for the first DC2 twin turbo build. I am fabricating the manifold, downpipes/y pipe and supports. I will be most likely be looking for the turbos off of a Twin T supra which I believe that they are ceramic finned, oil fed, water cooled turbos and of course with all the boost that it will be holding comes a nice motor build. This should be really interesting project. I am building this for the reason of just saying i did it and that i was the first. I plan on posting pictures weekly and progress updates as soon as one of the many steps are finished along the way. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
394 Posts
were you the guy that make a thread suggesting about the TT integra? if you are then i'm gonna tell you this. I know that a lot of people are telling you it's a waste of time, it's not worth it for such little gain, etc...

you know what? FU*k what they all say. It's the dedication, time, blood, sweat and tear that makes it worth everything. Just do it for fun and learn from it. if you're not whatever above still applies to you =D

GOOD LUCK!

P.S. remember to keep us updated with pictures and stories along the way. LOTS OF IT!!!

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
XmkncX on Oct/02/07 said:
were you the guy that make a thread suggesting about the TT integra? if you are then i'm gonna tell you this. I know that a lot of people are telling you it's a waste of time, it's not worth it for such little gain, etc...

you know what? FU*k what they all say. It's the dedication, time, blood, sweat and tear that makes it worth everything. Just do it for fun and learn from it. if you're not whatever above still applies to you =D

GOOD LUCK!
Its not that its a waste of time its just the fact that the teg's engine is too small to justify a twin turbo set up. Think about it man....If you think some turbo setups have trouble spooling one turbo, how do you think its gonna work when theres only 2 cylinders spooling up 1 turbo each. I hope you plan on making this a 2 liter engine because you will NEED ALL THE DISPLACEMENT YOU CAN GET. Plus I hope you plan on using tiny turbos otherwise you will never reach full boost. Because you will be using tiny turbos you not see a lot of HP gains.

So if you follow my logic this kinda makes the TT Teg kinda of unattractive. If you read Maximum Boost by Corky Bell he explains why twin turbo is only used on high displacement v6's or v8's and NEVER on I4's.

·
Premium Member
5,714 Posts
K24 for displacement. And I am sure if Dave said "I am going to build a mid engine integra" before he did it everyone would have similar responses. GL

·
Banned
9,126 Posts
nate2k5 on Oct/01/07 said:
its not the first and its completely impractical
import drivers tend to do alot of impractical things.. so what! i say go for it man sounds sweet and as far as being the first it may not be but i havnet seen one so it will be a first for me

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Actually, I know a guy who used to do top fuel honda's... did a few -- yes, a FEW -- twin turbo, non street-driven 1200whp INTEGRAS.

Best of luck, and start posting your actual plans!

·
Registered
693 Posts
Forget twin turbo and work out a twin charger. All you'd have to do is figure out a clutch setup for a JRSC and you'd be almost done. I'm wondering if an A/C clutch could be adapted somehow...

The JRSC is going to give you some boost while you're turbo spools up...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.