Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
Im just lookin for ANY suggestions as to things i should/nt do tomorrow when i hit the strip. the car is all stock (yeah even the oem tires @ 46k mi). and what would a reasonable time be? consider: im not a great driver and the track is at about 840(maybe 860)ft above sl.

thanks for any replys

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I would figure low 16s with the somewhat high elevation and it being your first time.

Try not to dump the clutch when you go, for some reason when I went I couldn't help myself. only was it later that I found that slipping the clutch made for a much better launch. I would try between 3 - 4k and see what 60' times you get.

Keep your rear tires at a higher PSI, but deflate your front ones quite a bit. This should increase the contact patch and allow you to get better traction.

If possible, go with a low tank of gas. A full tank can be 70lbs or so.

Have fun :D

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
ya what he said. and unless you are running slicks stay out of the water. and just a quick spin of the tires if any. if you spin street tires to long it brings out the oils in them and makes for a bad launch. but for some strange reason people still insist on doing it. please I beg you don't be one of those people. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts