Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i survived.
My G-stock 98 Ls was less than a dream to drive tho, and i am very dissappointed in my results. maybe it is me?

my brother has a 96 se with tokico gas shocks and eibach groundcontrol, that it as far as mods and hes runin on 185/60/14s in STS, his best was 36.5somethin and mine (on my oem michellins @195/60/14 w/46k miles) was 38.222
Should i have been 2 seconds or so back from him with bad tires and no suspesnsion work vs his with no withd tire and moderate suspension work?

need less to say im glad my rotas are commin, any one got much to say about yokohama parada spec2s?

thanks
Jack

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. I went to another one today!

It felt lots better, i was still nervous and all but i had a lot more fun and felt like i knew what i was doing a bit more than yesterday. I still have yet to hit a cone or dnf tho =).

today i managed to run a 36.9 on a track where modded itrs were turning 32-33-34s, so im happy with my preformance. Heck i even managed to win my class! too bad i was the only one in it.... oh well i still won damn it

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
yea, autoxing is so much fun and requirs a lot of seat time.

I'm going again the 8th, and this time i have my suspension upgraded. I got my shocks and springs so I should feel a lot more comftorable on the track and about the turns.

practice makes perfect.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Had lots of fun at the AutoX today, was good to meet you Jack.

Just to enforce that driving ability is more important than modifications, the best I got today was a 37.2 on my 96 RS (which is lighter) with i/h/e and some mild suspension work. Great driving jack ;)

Had fun regardless, and felt I did better than my last time, which matters most to me. :D

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Just be proud that your able to autox with your brother; Sure, mods make the difference in increasing your lap times, but it's very minimal increases with better equipment, true improvements will be made with your own diving skills. All you guys that autox, Make Sure you tow your car there, I myself have been stranded because of not towing, trust me it sucks! Autocrossing is very stressful on our cars so just be careful guys

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was fun as hell to watch my lil bro fly around the track saturday lol (hes 16 and 3 in taller than me..bastard)

and ross, u never got out of 1st gear;) i got up to 6k in 2nd almost... then i slid through the slalom lol! plus i striped my trunk for the last 3 runs. and drove in one the day b4

there was a v8 ferrio that broke its axle on its 4th run, fortunatly the guy said he lived 5 min form there.

there is another one in detroit this weekend and im thinkin about headin over, i prolly should watch tho cause i abused the hell outa my car yestrday (5 runs + almost 2hr drive each way) and im gonna be headin to the drag strip friday night for TnT, watch out now here come some mid 16s lol.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
For some reason I ended up getting slightly better times when I held it at 7k in 1st instead of shifting to second. Maybe I slowed down too much in the turns after the slalom, because after that I was in the 3-4k range all the way till the last turn.

Maybe I just need to practice downshifting back into first ;)

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, its really uncomfortable at first just slammin it back in to 1st. but look what it did for me =) i pulled a 36.9xx outa my arse doin it. and i even misses my shift in to 2nd. tho i think that was a good thing cause had i made it i would probably been goin to "Fast" to make the last turn. it was still fun tho

·
Registered
324 Posts
do most of you heal-toe back into first? i have found that this has helped my driving a bit due to the fact that the car doesnt get as unsettled.

just wondering...

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I would heal-toe if I could do it smooth enough and quick enough. Currently, as I am heading towards a corner where I could downshift I am really concintrating more on braking and the line rather than trying to downshift.

As I get better I hope to incorperate it ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts