Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 RHD Integra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post here. I am currently trying to do a manual steering conversion but I'm not sure where I can find the manual conversion for a RHD. If anyone knows where or how I can get one or any other options to do the conversion please let me know.
Thank You

·
Administrator
4,120 Posts
Hello this is my first post here. I am currently trying to do a manual steering conversion but I'm not sure where I can find the manual conversion for a RHD. If anyone knows where or how I can get one or any other options to do the conversion please let me know.
Thank You
Your best bet is to empty the rack of its fluid, and loop the inlet/outlet ports with a rubber hose.

·
Registered
1997 RHD Integra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I should empty it? wouldn't that cause it to wear prematurely. what if I filled it and then sealed it ?

·
Administrator
4,120 Posts
The fluid is hydraulic, and only there to assist with steering, not lubrication. Filling and sealing it will make it impossible to steer. There are plenty of threads about this process on this site.

The fluid needs drained by disconnecting both lines on the rack and moving the steering back and forth to push all the fluid out. Then, the inlet & outlet ports need looped with a rubber hose, as to not let in dirt & grime.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts