Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem. Yesterday I started my car and it started running rough and, I know that this was not good, and then all the sudden the CEL (Check Engine Light) blinks and bang comes on solid and then the idle corrects itself. I thought to myself, damn, the second O2 sensor went, since I replaced the front one only a few months ago. So today I took my car over to Acura, it turns out the ECM went bad and they need to replace it under warranty. The service writer told me that there was a service bulletin stating the ECM’s sometimes went bad and needed to be replaced. Has anyone else run into this problem? I have a Taurus as a rental, what a friggen piece of crap that thing is I miss my teg already.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Never herd of it personally, but that sounds like something acura would replace for free if its a design flaw?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMPORTANT NOTICE

The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls.

We kindly request that all comments should be directed to:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P. O. Box 2206
700 Van Ness Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

Honda: 800-999-1009
Acura: 800-382-2238

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

close this window

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
cubedgsr on Aug/05/02 said:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls.

We kindly request that all comments should be directed to:
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
P. O. Box 2206
700 Van Ness Ave.
Torrance, CA 90501

Honda: 800-999-1009
Acura: 800-382-2238

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

close this window
Honda a little testy after latest series of recalls?????

It's bad enough I have to worry about passengers (family - no less) in my teg this weekend - when I usually don't have them. Now it's early enough that I know there is a potential recall on the passenger side airbag - but too early to know if my car will be included. (I was going to say "impacted" - but don't like to use that word when talking about the teg.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know but honda's are still some of the best engineered cars in the world, so don't worry about it. It has never left me stranded and the backup system kicked in and got me to work. Just keep you eyes on the road.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts