Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I recently bought this car 3 months ago I use to have a 93 integra GS hatchback with a b18b1 had to sell it during hard times but now I've got this 1995 ls special edition sedan i picked up for 850$ its sat for a year they thought the trans was bad but it was only the shifting solenoid wires I've recently replaced the fuel pump alternator rebuild kit for the original injectors fuel filter (in tank and outside) did a short ram AEM cold air intake and the car has 259k I'm doing the timing belt tensioner and water pump tomorrow...anyways this problem is getting worse at first whenever the check engine light came on it would idle up and surge anywhere from 1k rpm to 2200 rpms well I bled the air from the coolant and got it to stop also cleaned the fitv and the iacv well it stopped surging but it would still idle around 1200rpms but I used to be able to stop cut it off and cut it back on and the light would go off and idle perfect. Sometimes it would come back on right away and sometimes it wouldn't do it again all day. Well now once it warms up I'll drive a mile maybe and it will come on and idle at 1k rpms in drive and 1300rpms in neutral and If I cut it off and back on it's still on and doing it and stays on all day. Its throwing three codes 6,7,14 which are coolant temp, (but it never over heats and runs at perfect temps and the fans work like they're suppose to), next is electronic air control, then last throttle angle. I've smoke tested the vacuum lines and intake did the break cleaner trick no leaks cleaned the iacv and fitv with no luck. My next step is maybe the tps? I have felt on occasion a slip in rpms really fast around 2800-3000 rpms doing 55 or 60 it feels like a slip in the trans or something but I've literally felt it maybe 15 times in 2 months but I've done some research and came up on people with similar symptoms and it was the tps for them. Should I try a new throttle body w/o the fast idle thermo valve on the bottom and get new tps and map sensor? I dont wanna spend a bunch of money on stuff that isnt causing the problem but with it being a automatic high idle while putting it into gear is a problem that I want to fix asap. Any help or idea would be nice. Oh yeah I've also checked timing. Also any ideas on the codes its throwing and why?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn 67 people looked at this post and nobody has any suggestions. Damn this sucks. Guess ima just replace the idle air control valve this friday and if that doesn't work I'm replacing the throttle body and TPS sensor and the map sensor. I'll keep you updated and let yall know which one fixes the problem. Just changed my timing belt ,tensioner and water pump and painted my valve cover after sanding her down smooth lol I'll tell you one thing to be 24 years old and have 260k miles this integra is in amazing shape. No dents or dings the engine is a b18b doesn't leak nothing doesn't even have any seepage on anything its ridiculously clean. The woman I bought it from bought it brand new then passed it down to her daughter then sold it to me. It does need headlights (I did the resurfacing kit and they look new but they hold water) the trunk leaks only in bad storms the sunroof drain on the front driver side came off so it leaks in the floor ( I have it taped off with clear gorilla tape. I've tried to find the hose and cant without taking a million things off first so I have to find time to fix it.) Also that may be the trunk leak problem as well it needs carpet and seats if anyone can point me in the right direction where to get good quality carpet or seats let me know it would be much appreciated. The ABS light is on I might fix it but I might not idk. And lastly the a/c condenser is locked up but I was thinking about deleting it. Next in line after my idle issue gets solved is Enkie j10 rims and coilovers..and maybe some headers and exhaust...maybe intake lol I'm pretty much prepping to rebuild the motor next year around september.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts