Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I bought this car from a woman who bought it new then passed it down to her daughter then sold it to me for 850 the body is immaculate no dents or dings no scratches except the front and rear bumpers have a tiny bit of paint gone from rubbing something it needs headlights (they hold water) needs struts but I'm going to do coilovers with a 2inch drop leveled out she replaced the alternator and fuel pump the timing belt broke at 200k miles which she replaced and redid the whole top end and whoever's did it put cheap **** and probably didnt tension it right so the belt was stretched and slpping the cover bad it has 260k now I just redid the timing belt tensioner and water pump now it's nice and quiet running smoothly it's never leaked or seeped any fluids the motor is clean as can be. It's a automatic (which I've thought about swapping to manual but I may decide against it) shifts smooth except for a bad motor mount which I'm looking at replacing now. I want it to be perfect and everything work I want it to have atleast 270whp without turbo it has a/c but I'm thinking of deleting it here my ideas let me know if you think I'll get the hp I want: skunk2 intake manifold and throttle body AEM cold air intake stock injectors but skunk2 fuel rail bump the psi up to atleast 40 on the injectors upgrade the fuel pump but install and regulator to get the desired psi. DC sport headers 2.50 to DC sport exhaust 2.25 lighter crank pulley possibly a MSD distributor with outside coilpack I'm going to pull the motor next year and upgrade the cams and cam gears possibly have the heads bored over with new valves seals and seats with rockets, probably upgrade the crank and redo the bearings and seals while I'm there also im going to send the computer off to be reprogrammed for my upgrades I have plenty of ideas for visual things and things to drop weight but I plan to buy all my motor upgrades and set them to the side until I pull and build the motor so when I put it back in I can swap everything out at one time. I'm a small time mechanic and my brother is ASE master technician and works at a dealership hes more inclined than me but we work on the car together and have been discussing the build he doesn't think I'll get close to 300whp without turbo doing what I wanna do. I dont want to go crazy and spend thousands on the motor and it not last because it's all supped up I want a good step above stock still get 200k miles out of it and be a reliable honda but have the power there when I want to play. I've always wanted this model integra I had a 93 GS hatchback with a b18c 5 speed stage 2 cams stage 2 clutch short throw shifter headers exhaust cold air intake msd distributor skunk intake motor was built had almost 7 grand in the motor and trans.but got rear ended in 2011 totaling the car. Now I have the bodyatyle I love and get to build it myself any ideas on what will get me the whp I want that I didnt mention I'll post pics and update on the build anytime I swap something out. I'm deffinately excited with the build. Right now the only issue is a idle issue as soon as it warms up the engine light comes on and it never idles under 1000 rpms in drive and around 1500 in neutral the codes its throwing are 6,7,and 14 which are electronic air control coolant temp and throttle angle I've cleaned the iac and the fitv smoke tested for vacuum leaks I've bled the air from the coolant. I'm thinking about replace the idle air co troll valve this friday if that doesn't help then maybe the TPS sensor anyone have any ideas? Thanks for reading wish me luck on the build!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts