Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, guys. I performed a little experiment the last couple of weeks and figured I'd let you know my results.

I started by cleaning out my K&N filter on the car's short ram intake. I also pulled the sub woofer out, because the back left speaker crapped out on me near the beginning of January. No sense in carting around a sub when you can't turn it up loud, right?

Anyway, once I put the filter back on, I headed for the nearest service station and filled the car up to max. I even squeezed in a little extra when the vapour sensor kicked the pump off... Before I started the car up again I reset the trip counter.

For the record, I filled up at Petro Canada, with their regular grade gas.

I drove the car as I normally do... ("A redline a day keeps the carbon away?") and waited until I was almost empty before filling up again. Then I checked to see how many kilometers I had made it compared to how much gas I had used. (How much gas the tank accepted on the second fill up, including an extra squirt after the vapour switch kicked back)

Here are my results:

Litres used: 38.020L
Kilometers Traveled: 441.2km

That means the car got about 11.6km/L
For those south of the border, that is 27.3mpg

My friend (the car guy, with no car of his own) called bullshit... "The integra doesn't even get 27 new. Observed mileage was 25."

Mods to the car really only include the cold air intake with K&N filter. What do you guys think? I'm pretty happy, considering my last car (automatic, cavalier, `95) was a demon hell ride when it came to gas consumption. My friend's `01 Nissan Sentra gets about 530km/50L, which is 10.6km/L (about 24.9mpg). What do your cars get?

Keep in mind, I'm a geology student, so I have vested interest in all of you using as much gas as possible, so don't be too embarassed if I kicked you ass... lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ROFL

Yeah, the car's EPA rating is 25/31
I wasn't surprised, just impressed that something 12 years old, with 147000kms is still doing so well.

I'm never buying a North American ****-show... err... car again.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I've gotten well over 30 (close to 35 or so) on a majority highway drive not speeding, so it's very possible if you don't drive with the pedal on the floor.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I had my 94 LS I would ALWAYS get at least 30 miles per gallon. The car was stock motor wise. Just lowered with rims. I never drove like a granny either. In my Type R, which is not stock, I get about 27 miles per gallon. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
i get 28-34 depending on were i drive and my speed

my mods are AEM V2 intake and flowmaster muffler with a dnx midpipe...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know what my gas mileage is, nor what it would be if I drove conservatively...haha. I do know that it is not as good as you would expect from a 4 banger. It is, however, infinetly better than my Acura Legend was.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.