Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Acura Integra GS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need helping bringing my Integra to life. I know nothing about mechanics and I am trying to get more into it with my Teggy.

·
Registered
1990 Acura Integra GS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what's wrong with it that it needs bringing to life? What exactly are you trying to do?
Just fix the car so it runs again is what Im trying to do. At first the car would run good. then it gave me the check engine light. I checked the codes and it gave me 4 flashes for crank angle sensor and 7 flashes for throttle angle. When the light was on it would still run okay. but not too long after the car would only run fine when i first started it up and after getting warmed up it would literally just have no power to the gas pedal and would make a weird noise everytime i would hit the gas. I dont know nothing about mechanics just simple stuff like brake replacement and oil change.

·
Registered
1990 Acura Integra GS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean i did try changing the tps myself and put it on without measuring the angle maybe thats whats wrong i really dont know i saw on youtube people had these fancy devices to measure the angle or something like that but i just put the tps on and hoped i did it good.

·
Registered
1990 Acura Integra GS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Things i have done to the car myself are the oil change, rear brake replacement, a coolant flush, changed the thermostat, and replaced the tps. Thing is im not sure i put the tps on right as i saw on youtube people had these devices to measure angle and i just put it on manually and hoped i did a good job.

·
Premium Member
2,764 Posts
I'm not too familiar with the second gen TPS, i changed out the one on my car. Its pretty straight forward and you just need a multi meter to calibrate it. One step easier, go on ebay and purchase another TPS pigtail so you dont have to poke your factory wire harness with the multi meter to calibrate the TPS.

Another good idea to get you started with your repairs is either to buy a shop manual off ebay, or alternatively, there are several places where you can download a pdf version online. The Haynes manuals are OK, but the shop manuals are 100 times better. I lucked out and got the actual printed manual for my car off ebay on the cheap. Let me tell you, it is a freakin life saver, especially when trying to diagnose something. I dont think we can post links to where you can download the manuals. There are a few places out there that still have them available for download though. I would HIGHLY recommend grabbing one of those before you start diagnosing and repairing the car.

·
Registered
1990 Acura Integra GS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not too familiar with the second gen TPS, i changed out the one on my car. Its pretty straight forward and you just need a multi meter to calibrate it. One step easier, go on ebay and purchase another TPS pigtail so you dont have to poke your factory wire harness with the multi meter to calibrate the TPS.

Another good idea to get you started with your repairs is either to buy a shop manual off ebay, or alternatively, there are several places where you can download a pdf version online. The Haynes manuals are OK, but the shop manuals are 100 times better. I lucked out and got the actual printed manual for my car off ebay on the cheap. Let me tell you, it is a freakin life saver, especially when trying to diagnose something. I dont think we can post links to where you can download the manuals. There are a few places out there that still have them available for download though. I would HIGHLY recommend grabbing one of those before you start diagnosing and repairing the car.
Thank you for the info was much needed going to look into these things and tell you the outcome.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts