Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening! Just a few weeks ago I picked up a clean 1987 Acura Integra LS Special. I've owned several Hondas in the past (including 3 CRXs), but never an Integra. I'm hugely blessed to have found one, and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far.

One thing I'd love to know is how many LS Specials were made, but I'm having an awful time figuring it out. I've seen a couple unrelated (and very old) posts where someone has stated 5000 were made (each in 1987 and 1988), but I've not seen a source for that data, and I find it a little hard to believe since over 200,000 first-generation Integras were produced. I've even contacted Acura North America, and they don't keep records that far back, I'm told. Does anyone really know?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
14,192 Posts
Is that thing as clean inside as it looks out?

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
My sister purchased this exact model new when she lived in Boca Raton, FL. When I purchased my 1987 Integra LS in November, 1986, from a dealer in Michigan, this model was not on display. I'm not sure if this was a factory model or a dealer upgrade of an LS. Her car was identical to my LS inside and out with the exception of the white painted wheels, a soft rubber-like spoiler, sportier rocker cover, and a white louver cover on the rear hatch glass. I don't recall if her side molding was painted white or remained the stock black.

That is sure a beautiful car. While the engine was not that powerful by today's standards, it loved to rev and was a lot of fun to drive. I kept mine for 10 years and 180K miles before selling it to a friend. He kept it until it had 320K miles on it and the engine still ran well and had never been disassembled.

Enjoy your great car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the interior is in great shape. It's definitely not a show car - it has some dings and scratches that you can't see in the photo - but it's the best I'd seen in a long time, which is why I bought it. Now if I can just figure out how many of them that Honda made...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if this was a factory model or a dealer upgrade of an LS.
It was a factory model only available in 1987 and 1988, I'm sure of that part. I just don't know how many were actually made that way. It's largely an LS model with all options, plus the power windows from the 5-door, body-color wheels, leather-wrapped steering wheel, and a few other "special" features. They were available in all white or black with gold wheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts