Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I finally found a tire size that has economy prices. I'm looking for some all-season touring tires that can handle light snow duty. I mainly need them so I don't have to use my Parada SpecII's on a 3500 mile road trip. I've found some good deals (circa $200) in this size. The best price in stock size is roughly $380.

Have any of you had experience with 195/60/15's on an Integra? I am mostly worried about clearance and the bumpstops. I have H&R Sports on my car so it's possible to bottom out the suspension on low-quality interstates. I'm not worried about speedometer or rpms, just fitment. These will be on stock 15X6 rims, btw. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
130 Posts
hey man, i had bought some cheap tires that were in a size 195-60/15 last month. i bought only 2 of them and put them in the front. the ride and everything was OK.Then last week, i lowered my car with H&R sports and illuminas. Every time i would go over a bump or a ditch, i would rub. After driving like this for 3 days, i then decided to put the 60 series tires in the rear and put the stock 55 series in the front. when i had changed the tires i noticed that the 60 series tires had some of the rubber cut through it due to the rubbing. So don't use 60's in the front, the rears will not cause any problems.
The one thing i liked about the 60 series tires in the front was that they made the wheels look nicely tucked in, just like race springs!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
if your lowered, its probably goin to rub, but i had them on my car lowered 2.5in in the front and they didnt cause any damage to the car or anything. they worked great and really fill up the wheelwell. ive found that the tires will rub on the back of the fenderwell, up against the car, and possibly a little on the fender on hard turns, but its nothing major. they may also rub on the pinch seem at the top of the fenderwell, but again its not a very big deal.

·
Registered
319 Posts
You may try 205/50/15 instead. Believe it or not, these may not even effect your speedo either. Had a friend who did it on his GSR and had no trouble. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adam, what kind of conditions will cause rubbing in a straight line? For just average driving style, I won't be aggressive with these.

Scott, yes you're right 205/50's are a good alternative size. Unfortunately, they are almost as expensive as the stock size.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
well i had my bumpstops cut in half and it was just when i hit a dip in the road. it wasnt bad rubbing by any means but it did rub some.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
possibly, dont forget i was lowered 2.5in so im sure just bein on h&rs will help alot, i wouldnt really worry about it

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input, guys. For the price difference, I think I'm gonna give it a shot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts