Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! I just bought some 15x8 wheels and 195/45 tires. I tried looking at pictures of this setup before I made the purchase and they dont look stretched at all, but after looking at it on a tire size calculator app it shows that it is stretched, my concern is if I will be able to get these mounted at just any tire shop? Maybe they can just blast it with a cheetah tank?
I do work at a scrap yard and have access to a tire machine but I fear that the one we have will scar the hell out of the wheels (probably due to the guy that runs it more than the machine itself) and we dont have any sort of bead blaster down there because we just have the setup for selling used tires.

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
A lot of service centers are saying "no" to stretch tire installation, just because they don't want the liability concerns that go with it. Any reason you went with this combo? a 15x6 or 15x7 would be the max if you're not wanting to go towards a stretched look. Additionally, a 205/50 tire instead of your 195/45 would've been a better route, in my opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A lot of service centers are saying "no" to stretch tire installation, just because they don't want the liability concerns that go with it. Any reason you went with this combo? a 15x6 or 15x7 would be the max if you're not wanting to go towards a stretched look. Additionally, a 205/50 tire instead of your 195/45 would've been a better route, in my opinion.
there are multiple reasons I went with 15x8 over 15x7, starting with the fact that I couldn't get a wheel that was in my price range, in the style I wanted, and the offset i wanted in 7 inch wide. 15x8 is definitely the most common 15 inch wheel size among aftermarket wheels. 6 inch was never a consideration because it was the same width as stock, and there are very limited options for offsets and styles, worse than 7 inchers. the reason I didn't choose 205's is because 1) I was able to get toyo proxes t1r's for like $60 per tire in 195 45 2) my wheels are zero offset so a taller tire will require more fender modification and camber to work and 3) 205 50's are just as stretched and 195 45's on 8 inch wheels, they just have more sidewall.

I really posted this to get feedback from someone who has attempted this combination themselves and can say from first hand experience what it took to get them mounted. I already know that mainstream tire shops wont stretch a tire, but im wondering if the stretch is minimal enough that they wouldn't even consider it a real "stretch."

·
Administrator
3,596 Posts
...but im wondering if the stretch is minimal enough that they wouldn't even consider it a real "stretch."
That is completely up to the shop that you inquire to. Each shop is going to have their own preference on what is considered "stretched".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts