Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Michelle1's teg was backed into by an 18 wheeler today and messed up pretty bad. I have a few pictures from my digi cam but more are on the way.
The original car domain page
The new cardomain page
Personally I was hoping the car will be totalled. If it isn't she'll just get a 98+ rear and new front bumper. She hated the spoiler anyway so no loss there. It was hit by a Giant Eagle 18 wheeler delivery truck. The trunk moved the rear of the car about 6 feet so it sat at a 45 degree angle in the spot. The front bumper/lip, rear bumper, rear valance, spoiler, and hatch are totalled. The pictures don't really show the extend of the damage to the hatch but it is dented and creased all over. Lucky they hit right between the 98+ tails we put on just one month ago.

·
Registered
101 Posts
stupid truck driver !!! man if he pushed that car 6 ft. sideways, he had to know he was hitting something !!! you know that little writing on your passenger mirror warning you about " objects are closer than they appear". well alot of trucking companies have little decals on their mirrors, "G.O.A.L.", which stands for GET OUT AND LOOK !!! something that driver obviously didn't do, what a moron !!!

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
What the hell is wrong with people. I really think tegs are magnatized to MORoNS. Well I hope it gets totaled out if she wants a new car, if not I hope it doesnt take 2 weeks for an adjuster to look at it.

I also hope she gets a better rental then a Neon.

HITMYTEG is gonna be my new plate. Maybe some reverse psychology will work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
haha...when i was fixin my car...they gave me a chavelot cravlier....i abuse that thing like sh*t...still take me week and half to use the full tank...=)

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
she got a Mitsu Lancer ES. Acura is going to fix the car after the appraiser looks at it (quoted as within 24 hrs) if it can be repaired. If not I think I will buy it back. She'll be online to comment in a few.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
-cries for that teg- WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY god damn 18truck wheeler bastard.. look what he done to the poor white teg.. i wish i never see dat in my teg.. it got its bumps and lil dents aroudn but.. nothing like that.. and my car got burnt to almost near death.. <miracle surgeon> and now shes back up and beat.. ah best luck on that.. if nething take everything u can.. paint jobbbbbbbbbb lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello everyone. Thanks for your kind words. I am still in complete shock that it even happened. My poor teggie
I'll keep everyone updated...

·
Registered
289 Posts
im so sorrrry. thats such bullsh*t. Some people can drive trucks well while others are just morons... i got nailed by one on route 95 that came from the other side of the damn high way goin like 70 lol. I hope they fix your baby and fire the truck driver...

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
can anything be done legally? Like does his insurance company or the trucks company have to pay any negligable dammages being that it was a commercial vechile?

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully, everything will work out and you'll have that baby back on the road. If they total it, take the money and buy a GSR. That would be sweetness.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
yea really.. but as long you werent in the car thats all that matters u know car can be fixed into whatever we dream it could be if we got the money but if a person gets hurts.. its a miracle sometimes if they back to normal ever again

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Giant Eagle's insurance is paying for the repairs- if it is repairable. She wants a WRX or a Lude or maybe another LS Teg (parents can't drive stick- so maybe something with sport shift). Personally I'd love to drive her WRX every so often- heh.

·
Registered
493 Posts
They'll give a commercial driver's license to an iilegal immigrant here in GA. I have to dodge the bastards swerving into my lane on a daily basis. They're trying to pass a state law here that limits commercial trucks to 45-55 mph on the interstate instead of 65. It'll probably never happen tho. Half the people driving them have absolutely no business being behind the wheel of a car let alone a 50,000 lb. vehicle going 80 mph.

Good luck with your car, hopefully they will total it b/c it will never be the same after an impact like that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
your cardomain page says "backed into an 18 wheeler in a parking lot..."

Just thought you might want to change the wording to "backed into BY an 18 wheeler in a parking lot..." - otherwise it sounds like YOU BACKED INTO THE TRUCK which does not sound too smart.

Good luck with all the hassles of getting hit... may it be swift and pain-free.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts