Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a weekend street race got broken up by cops and a lot of fear got shot through me (long story) i've decided that i'm going to concentrate a lot more on show than on go. (that way i won't be tempted to race). I'm starting with new rims and i was looking at the konig rated-r's in white. They're a nice addition to my white teg w/red accents. Amer. Tire Co. is running a special on 18"s w/tires lug nuts locks mounted/balanced and installed for 1095 out the door. Question, are 18" rims too big for a teg? and do you think this is a good deal?

·
Registered
408 Posts
18's are just right for a Teg. I have 18s, and a friend of mine with an Integra has 18s, and we've never had any problems with them.

Depending on what kind of tires come with the rims, the price sounds good to me.

Go for it.

Evan

·
Registered
662 Posts
umm..just a piece of advice..i think that with more show..the cops will pull you over more if there the dickhead cops who absolutely despise imports...and if you get some go..just learn how to handle all that power and might...i think the rated r's look nice..but 18's...i think those might be too big..try 16's or 17's..but its your choice..

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
yea ive got 18's and they fit fine, i havent gotten around to lowering it yet tho
so im not sure how much i will be able to drop it.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i have had 17" and now have 18" - i like them both 18's are big though... my car is dropped on sportlines too. looks good with the 18's but its a little slower.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
15'' won't ran you enough spacing if u decides to go w/ big rotor brake in the future, u need at least 16''.

·
Registered
302 Posts
18's are just right for a Teg. I have 18s, and a friend of mine with an Integra has 18s, and we've never had any problems with them.

Depending on what kind of tires come with the rims, the price sounds good to me.

Go for it.

Drew :)

·
Registered
258 Posts

Go for it.

Nick ;]

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Topic : 18" too big?
That's what she said.

·
Registered
408 Posts
worldwar3 on Jul/24/02 said:
umm..just a piece of advice..i think that with more show..the cops will pull you over more if there the dickhead cops who absolutely despise imports...and if you get some go..just learn how to handle all that power and might...i think the rated r's look nice..but 18's...i think those might be too big..try 16's or 17's..but its your choice..
Umm....I really don't think cops are gonna be more inclined to pull you over if you're rims are 1" bigger.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It's big, it's berry big, it's tooobiggg!!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
kricci on Jul/24/02 said:
i have had 17" and now have 18" - i like them both 18's are big though... my car is dropped on sportlines too. looks good with the 18's but its a little slower.
Why do you think that 18" wheels would slow you down. Just that statement makes me beleive you dont know what you are talking about. Go to the tire size calculator, and figure out the diff between your factory tires and your new tires. If you bought the right size tires there should only be a slight difference. Even a one inch bigger tire wouldnt be enough for you to tell. Just my take.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Top end would be higher, acceleration would be a lot slower

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Lokar on Aug/09/02 said:
Quote: kricci on Jul/24/02i have had 17" and now have 18" - i like them both 18's are big though... my car is dropped on sportlines too. looks good with the 18's but its a little slower. Why do you think that 18" wheels would slow you down. Just that statement makes me beleive you dont know what you are talking about. Go to the tire size calculator, and figure out the diff between your factory tires and your new tires. If you bought the right size tires there should only be a slight difference. Even a one inch bigger tire wouldnt be enough for you to tell. Just my take.
well my take on this is larger wheels generally result in a slower car. larger wheels way more, right? more weight that is directly relatad to the powertrain slows the car down. IMO i would go with 17's if you were lookin for show though. i think 18's look a little out of place. but then again there are about 15 people who already said the love 18's so whatever..

·
Registered
41 Posts
hootb18 on Aug/12/02 said:
Quote: Lokar on Aug/09/02Quote: kricci on Jul/24/02i have had 17" and now have 18" - i like them both 18's are big though... my car is dropped on sportlines too. looks good with the 18's but its a little slower.
Why do you think that 18" wheels would slow you down. Just that statement makes me beleive you dont know what you are talking about. Go to the tire size calculator, and figure out the diff between your factory tires and your new tires. If you bought the right size tires there should only be a slight difference. Even a one inch bigger tire wouldnt be enough for you to tell. Just my take. [/QUOTE]well my take on this is larger wheels generally result in a slower car. larger wheels way more, right? more weight that is directly relatad to the powertrain slows the car down. IMO i would go with 17's if you were lookin for show though. i think 18's look a little out of place. but then again there are about 15 people who already said the love 18's so whatever..
[/quote]
My 18's only weigh 15lbs. Thats light. If you are willing to spend the money, you use whatever you want. I dont understand when a guy is worried about 3 or 4 lbs. on his wheels and then he goes and puts in 50 lbs. worth of stereo equipment??? Sorry to be so negative, but co'mon.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts