Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has put 18" rims on their G2 integra. The tire size is 215/35's but i'm concerned with them being too big for the car. Would I have to make any modifications to fit them on properly?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 18" Konig Rhythms on my teg right now. Dropped on tokico blues and tokico 1" drop springs. Tires are 215/35/18 toyo's. Never rubbed a bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive got 17s... 205/40 and im 1.5inch lowered.. goin down to 3inches soon... i was told that i will have to lip/roll my guards and i also know 2 others who have gone that low and they also lipped/rolled their guards... but other then that theres plenty of clearance

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i would put 17s...i mean i know its smaller but u can at least lower ur car more...but 18s still look good on the car...its really a question on how much room u want in the wheel well (lip) and how much u want to lower it

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Ya Maral has a point...18s bend real easy...and if u hit a pot hole or a curb...be ready to pay for a new one or to pay to get it fixed...i think 17s will be better in this situation...they are made thicker so they are a bit harder to bend...plus u have more of a selection...cause 15,16,17s are much more abundant

·
Registered
816 Posts
Elborintegra on Apr/28/04 said:
its more of a "do you want to bend your rims easily" question... 18's bend SUPER quick with minor potholes
I disagree with that. I've had my 18's for 1 1/2 years and have not had one problem and I've hit some big potholes..big enough for my upper control arms to dent my strut towers and no problems. Just keep air in the tires and you'll have no problems

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the input guys I just went and looked at my new 18's, I'm not going to lower my car that much because I live in VT and I got a really good deal on the rims because I work at sears.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
I have only had my 18's for about 2 weeks, and i dirve carefully, but i did hit one big pothole and the rims are fine....17 was just too small for me, i had a set of 17 for 1.5 years, now ill never go smaller than 18...

Mine anre 18x7.5 ADR M-Sports, lowered about 2-2.25 inches on full coilovers

·
Registered
33 Posts
I totally disagree with them bending easily. Its all about your suspension. I had a accord with 16's with stock suspension and bent two within three months. After I put on tokico blues and nuespeed sports never bent a wheel after that and had 17's on it as well. Ive had 16's,17's,and now 18's on my teg and by far like the 18's the best. Havent bent a wheel yet.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
IMO I think 17's are the highest you should go on G2's

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Elborintegra on Apr/28/04 said:
what size tires do you guys have?
215/35/18....make sure you get 18x7.5 inch wheels and not 18x7...you may think "oh sweet, a narrower wheel that means ill rub less" but good luck finding a tire that will fit an 18x7 rim on our cars. it took 3 guys to mount my 215/35/18 tires on my 18x7.5's, the sidewall on them is so stiff its not even funny, and they will basically only fit 7.5 inch wide or maybe 8 inch wheels(not that tegs would have 8 inches). i actually bought my 215/35/18's form a guy brand new on eBay for cheaper than i woulda gotten them form even the eBay distributers (Continental ContiExtreme Contacts, so far they kick ass) because he bought 18x7 wheels for his subaru, and noone would even attempt to mount them for him, it really just isnt possiblble, the isdewall is just to stiif to bend inward to meet the lip of a 7 inch wheel

·
Registered
1 Posts
18's are too big in my opinion. They will slow you down, and your acceleration will suffer. Also, your turning will be affected, and your MPH gauge will be inaccurate. Guys who track road race, run 15". 15's accelerate faster. I'm running 16" right now, with 205/40/16 tires, and I if I were to do it again, I'd go with 15's.
Honda designers of the G2's, did not factor in 18" wheels when configuring the handling characteristics of the car.
The downside to smaller wheels, is that you can't fit large brake rotors like the AEM big break system.

my 2 cents

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
UCSlugRacerX on Apr/30/04 said:
18's are too big in my opinion. They will slow you down, and your acceleration will suffer. Also, your turning will be affected, and your MPH gauge will be inaccurate. Guys who track road race, run 15". 15's accelerate faster. I'm running 16" right now, with 205/40/16 tires, and I if I were to do it again, I'd go with 15's.
Honda designers of the G2's, did not factor in 18" wheels when configuring the handling characteristics of the car.
The downside to smaller wheels, is that you can't fit large brake rotors like the AEM big break system.

my 2 cents
well the MPH guage wont be as innacurate as you making that statement. my mph guage is not off, i run 18's, and the outer tire rolling diamter, the number that is important, is still 23.9 inches, same as with my 17's, and i wasnt off then either...(despite me knowing that a 23.9 diameter wont throw me off, i also make a crude check everytime i pass one of the digital radar boxes on the street and compare it with my speedo....no matter what spped im at ive never been more than 1 mph diff than the radar box...)

so please, know what you are talking about before you tell some poor guy that the 18's he just bought are gona make his speedo off...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
JustTegIt on Apr/30/04 said:
Quote: UCSlugRacerX on Apr/30/0418's are too big in my opinion. They will slow you down, and your acceleration will suffer. Also, your turning will be affected, and your MPH gauge will be inaccurate. Guys who track road race, run 15". 15's accelerate faster. I'm running 16" right now, with 205/40/16 tires, and I if I were to do it again, I'd go with 15's. Honda designers of the G2's, did not factor in 18" wheels when configuring the handling characteristics of the car.

my 2 cents

well the MPH guage wont be as innacurate as you making that statement. my mph guage is not off, i run 18's, and the outer tire rolling diamter, the number that is important, is still 23.9 inches, same as with my 17's, and i wasnt off then either...(despite me knowing that a 23.9 diameter wont throw me off, i also make a crude check everytime i pass one of the digital radar boxes on the street and compare it with my speedo....no matter what spped im at ive never been more than 1 mph diff than the radar box...)

so please, know what you are talking about before you tell some poor guy that the 18's he just bought are gona make his speedo off...
additionally, 18's also increase fuel efficiency if you do mostly highway driving too (in theory, i dont highway drive primarily so i wouldnt know), since the added unsprung weight and rotational mass increases momentum...this is in theorgy, but im just trying to point out that 18's arent all bad..

god damn, im so sick of people hating on 18's all the time

1 - 20 of 20 Posts