Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone rune a 17x8 on their Teg yet?

I am currently using a 17x7.5 for my HPDE events and want to step up to a 17x8 with a 235-40-17......

I have seen some on some HC race cars ( EK civics)

I figured someone might have tried it on here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I searched on here..no definitve answer hence the posted question...

I run a large front brake kit (Baer 13")

therefore no small wheels

Also I am already running R compounds.......

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wonderful..... I am on my second set of rotors due to wearing the slots off the first set.

Note: running Race pads on the street may lead to shortened rotor life

I love being able to brake later than most cars @ events and do it all day long.....

·
Registered
346 Posts
what is the offset of those wheels, i'm also looking for a 8 inch wide wheel, just to clear my future big brake kit (from an RL). I just need to know what offset would work without rubbing suspension parts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
your not gonna rub on suspensions parts youll rub on the lip of the fender... roll it out and you will have no worries

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
I could try putting them on my sedan and let u know.

I currently run the same wheels as you (CP035's) which are 178x7.5 with a 215/40/17 or maybes a 35/17 and i have them spaced out 2mm and they dont rub, and my fenders arent rolled in the rear, only the front tabs are rolled.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
codenamezero on Sep/12/07 said:
How about 16x8? would the extra inch smaller get away from rubbing?
not really, cause 16" has the worst tire selection and tire sizes ever.

and i assume the original poster is scootin' out on the track so thats why he wants the 235 width tires and a 17" for less tire flex (as well as fitting over the brakes)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.