Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
dude you gotta be more specific about what the hell you are talking about...

do you want the tires or 17" rims with tires or what?

btw, 35 series tires on 17's is retarded, you are just gonna throw your speedometer off, and put your rims at an unneccesary risk..nothing more...leave the 35 series to the boys running 18's

·
Registered
92 Posts
If by 35 series you are talking about the aspect ratio of the sidewall compared to the width of the tire?...

You won't necessarily throw off you spedometer that much if you use 215/35-17 tires. Check out the tire size calculator.
Actually, if you really want to go that low profile, you may want to go with 225/35-17s, but you'll most likely have to roll the rear fenders so that your tires won't rub.

Stay away from pot holes!!! I've ruined 3 tires already since I've moved to MA on my 205/40-17s. It's just not practical (although it handles like a dream).

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok heres the deal, i have 17's with 205/40 series rubber right now, but i rub a little when i take tight corners, big speedbumps etc, i was thinking the 35 series tire would rub a little less, i just wanted to know if anyone had experience with them. I understand the aspect ratio and what all the numbers on the side of the tire mean so i dont need this stuff to be spelled out for me, and going from a 40 series to a 35 series tire isnt going to throw off my speedo a large amount if any, 2-3 km/h isnt going to matter much.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
OK, you need to look and see if that size even exists. I just checked both Tire Rack and Discount Tire and neither one sells a 205 35 17. The closest is a 215 35 17 and that is going to have the same or very close size you have now. So this may be a waste of time??!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
i understand my answer may not be one that you are looking for but i would suggest just raising your car instead. if you do manage to find that tire chances are you will not be able to get a good price because it will have to be ordered. you will spend less on a new set of springs then you will on the tires. i personally have 215/25/18 and i HATE the ride. you feel every little bump in the road. like i said i know it wasnt option but it is my sincere suggestion.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts

Here is picture of my wheel. That's just to show you the sidewall height, and no 215/35/17 won't be the same size as 205/40/17. The tire will be wider but shorter, so it may still rub. I wouldn't recommend trying to put a 225 series tire on an integra either, I don't care what the offset is, they will either stick out about an inch, or they will rub the rear lca's. There is about a 1/2-1 inch gap in the back on my wheels. They are 215/35/18 w/a 40mm offset.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
Hakamoto, You do know that when a tire is wider it also gains in sidewall hieght right? So a 205 40 17 and a 215 35 17 will be very close in size. Thats a fact.

·
Registered
310 Posts
i dont know a whole lot about tires but what your telling me that i could go to 215 35 17 i currently have 205 40 17 i didnt think i could go any wider with the rims i have. i guess i am not thinking of the way a tire is shaped. so i can go wider and if so that would give better traction than a 205 if comparing the same 2 tire brands ? please help me out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.