Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple questions...

1. What stock size tires "SERIES" does the type R come in?..i knoe the rims are 16.

2. Is 205/40(or)45/16 TIRES smaller than 195/50/15 TIRES?? Judging from looks, it looks like the 16 would be smaller even though the rim is bigger but the tires seems to be smaller.

Thank You.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
JDM type-r wheels came in 16x7. Yes the profile is smaller and the width is bigger and the diameter of course is bigger your just seeing the difference of profile between the two.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
GSR2311 on Feb/26/04 said:
I have a couple questions...

1. What stock size tires "SERIES" does the type R come in?..i knoe the rims are 16.

JDM ITR's came with 16s. They had some funky tire size though. 215/45/R16. That size is hard to come by. only a few tire manufacturers make it. But it's findable. If you want cheaper than go with a slightly smaller size. The tire installer or dealer can help you out with sizes.

USDM ITR's came with 15s. 195/55/R15 I believe.

Quote: GSR2311 on Feb/26/04 2. Is 205/40(or)45/16 TIRES smaller than 195/50/15 TIRES?? Judging from looks, it looks like the 16 would be smaller even though the rim is bigger but the tires seems to be smaller.
Well, the way it works out is

xxx/yy/Rzz

We will use the example 195/55/R15.

xxx = the tires width in millimeters. Since 25.4 millimeters equals one inch then 195s=7.68 inches wide.

yy = the tires sidewall in percentage. So 55% of 195mm is 107.25mm which equals 4.22 inches.

zz is the size of the wheel in inches. So 15 inches.

It's bizarre to me that even in european and asian countries, they use the xxx/yy/Rzz with the zz being in inches.

·
Registered
675 Posts
pythonscott on Feb/26/04 said:
falken azenis come in that size... I'm rOlLiN on em right now :thumbsup:
Did they fit with no modification? Do they rub? I was thinking about getting azenis for my SSR's when my Nitto get bald...
Cody

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
ThePro on Feb/26/04 said:
It's bizarre to me that even in european and asian countries, they use the xxx/yy/Rzz with the zz being in inches.
Because then wheel sizes would be a mayhem if tire manufactures had to make tire sizes in metric. 16" = 406.4mm or 40.64cm??? Come on now, does that make any sense at all?

When using metric, they prefer using good whole numbers. Thats why they test speed in 0-100kmh instead of the standard 0-60mph that we test. 0-100kmh is roughly 62mph so they are pretty close.

So in conclusion, it would probably be better to make wheels in increments of 35cm, 40cm, 45cm, but then that wouldn't make any sense now would it?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.