Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes. Just like the title... i was outraged... what's next? They'll charge me for cable while i wait for my car getting serviced!...

Okay... Last night i changed my battery, so everything just resetted including my cd player... i thought i had the code for the oem cd player but unfortunately i've misplaced it... so i called the dealer the following day(today) and asked them that if i come by, will they kindly give the code to me... the guy said "YES"... so i was like okay... then he added "for $15.95 + tax" and $80 if i let them do it...
gee, thanks... nevermind...

i just bought books for all of my classes and i am kinda low in cash... what im going to do though is that, i was going to ask each and everyone of you guys if you have any codes lying around.... preferrably from a 2001 GS because this CD player was originally from my sisters car(fiery red 2001 GS)... i will just do a trial and error thing and hope for the best... Thanks alot guys' and gals... wish me luck...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant minds do think alike... LOL. i was going to tell them but i was to drained out from last night(changing the battery) because i missed my very first quiz in math in the process... bummer.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
thats the first i've heard of the dealership charging. only thing i've heard is that you have to go to the dealership to get the code, they won't give you it over the phone. i'd ask again about that one, seems like bs to me.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, what crap. I called up the dealer who originally sold my car to whoever owned it first, gave them the S/N from my stereo and had the code... it took all of 2 minutes (and 1min 30sec of that was waiting on hold for the service guy to pick up the phone).

I was told that the codes are set per stereo system, so chances are someone else's code wouldn't work. Then again, I could be completely wrong.

Call a different dealer maybe?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would like to ask other dealerships but then BALL acura has both of mine and my sisters tegs vin number(that she later traded in for a CR-V)... do i just need to get the model or serial number of the cd player? i remember that my sister obtained hers from just using her VIN...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I originally called with just my VIN and I couldn't get the code as it varies from cd player to cd player, not chassis to chassis. You'll need the serial number from the player, from my experience.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there may be thousands of codes.... but then again... i remember that our car keys are made from only a couple of templates so i was hoping it is the same with the cd players code... thanks for all the input, i really appreciate it....

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was told over the phone, so was Formula-LS. I don't see any reason they wouldn't, its not like it is a social security number or anything.

I'd just call around a bit. Then, when you get it, go back to the first dealer guy that wanted to charge you and boot him square in the nuts.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what did you need? just the serial# or the vin#? just curious...

Is that really necessary? haahaaaa... i think it is... i'd even use a steel towed boot just for fun...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh wait. MILKILOS... can you still do it? i posted it this way so that people know where i'm coming from and not get flamed...

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
i've never had to do it myself, but from what i've been told, you need the serial number off the bottom of the headunit.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.