Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Ls with DC headers, AEM Short Ram, high flow cat, and 2.25" exhaust, 16" rims, low profile obviously). I ran a 15.55 last time @ the track ( I had brand new tires and couldn't get into third until 2'nd or 3'rd try. so I know I can go faster. I feel these are good times. But I dont understand when I read posts of GS-R's that run 15.6's (I know there are bad drivers and other circumstances. But from what I've read I dont see that low of 1/4 times. Whats up with that?!?!?

Tim

No Offense to people with those time (Have to say that....)

·
Registered
451 Posts
My friend ran a 15.3 with the same basic modifications you have, its not uncommon to run the times you are running with what your car has done to it. Another friend of mine went 15.1 with those mods on his LS. Its all driver vs driver usually.

As for GSR times there are alot of bad running GSRs out there be it due to bad comp numbers, bad leakdown or just a bad driver. My 95 gsr ran exceptionally well (also driven exceptionally well) and with only an intake ran a 14.7 on some cheap ass doral tires, after that i did a few more bolt ons and was going 14.40s on street tires.

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
There's a million factors that come into play. A ****ty driver with a GS-R can lose to an LS.

You also have to remember about altitude differences....I'm at 2600ft above sea level, for example, so my times will appear much slower than someone at only 100ft above sea level.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Well also it has to depend on outside temperature and elevation... If it's a super hot night/day, and you are really low altitude, someone can be a worse driver in say denver, and run better times.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Well also it has to depend on outside temperature and elevation... If it's a super hot night/day, and you are really low altitude, someone can be a worse driver in say denver, and run better times.

·
Registered
451 Posts
DasaniB20T on Sep/22/07 said:
stop with the integras and 14 and 15's hehe. Oh sorry, i guess im just used to low 12's on street tires :p
low 12s on street tires eh? damn.....im only used to low 11s on mine..............:)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Danny50 on Sep/24/07 said:
Ok, lets not turn this into a pissing contest boys

Tim what was your 60'?

Lol sorry i was just messing with him, but yeah 60' is a HUGE factor in what times you run. You could run a horrible E.T. but still have an acceptable trap speed that you overlook due to dissapointment in E.T. Trap speed displays power levels alot better than E.T.

·
Super Moderator
5,714 Posts
I did a 16.2 with AEM SRI, megan header, skunk2 catback, but I only got 2 runs, I missed 4th gear both times, and it was kinda ****ty out. I think I might have been shifting early but i am not sure, I was to excited hehe. My 60' was really crappy, like 2.4xx. Hopefully some new wheels and practice I'll hit mid 15's.
heres a vid

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
those times are really god tim...my best is a 15.6 and i have a mild cam upgrade. although my exhaust setup sucks. before the cams i could only do 16.1

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
+.3040 Reaction
2.4738 60 FT
6.7187 330 ft
10.1511 1/8
71.53 1/8 ET
13.0988 1000 ft
83.36 1000 ft ET
15.5728 1/4 ET
89.64 1/4 MPH

this my bone stock 95' GSR, i spun hard, lol... I think you did a damn fine job with the ls!
-Mike

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
My best in my LS was 15.7 with I/H/C/E lightened flywheel and crappy michilins. I cant recall my 60' times as this was over a year ago but i believe they were around 2.2 seconds

So a 15.6 is definitely a good number for an LS.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts