Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I currently have a 94 GSR teg and my clutch is right on the edge of dieing and i wanted to change the flywheel and the clutch at the same time while its all out.
I was looking at a exeedy 9lb flywheel to start with but i thought that my clutch would last abit longer so i could save up the money now i really need to get the clutch done and i can only afford a 13lb SRR flywheel.
And the question i was looking at, Is it worth putting a 13lb flywheel in or is the differance little/not worth it? or would i be better of just saving or changing the flywheel to a 9lb one at a later date?
I use the car most days for normal driving and only really street race am hardly ever at the tracks.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
You'll definitely notice a 9 lb compared to your GSR stock 18 lb. as the rpms will whip up in a hurry. A 5 lb difference is better but not as noticeable.

Don't believe any BS people tell you about 9lb being too light either. We covered that (actually SurferX had a great thread on it) here if you want to school those people.

if you're strapped for cash just machine the stock one down to 15 lb. for now and have it balanced. That won't be too much to weaken it. It costs about 50 bucks to do. I wouldn't go too far more than that on a stock iron flywheel. The more you take off the weaker it gets and below 14lb, it can run the risk of shattering.

That's what I suggest. 15 lb is the same as the ITR one and will give you about the same feel as the 13 lb. saves you cash, save up for the 9 lb for later maybe if you want then. more money in your pocket anyway and you get a decently lighter FW. win, win.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i read that thread from surferX about the flywheels and thats what actually led me to get the 9lb flywheel in the 1st place.
Thanks MD for the help couldnt have given me a better answer cheers mate

1 - 3 of 3 Posts