Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a set of Axxis Ultimate brake pads from our sponsor ProParts. I'm going to pick up some blank rotors soon.

A local Honda/Acura repair shop wants $110 to perform the brake job if I bring them the four discs and pads. The shop has been repairing Hondas for 20 years and the shop itself is really nice, so I'm assuming that they do good work.

Is $110 a good deal on the labor for a brake job? I can't do it myself since I'm at school without the tools nor the time do do it.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
Yeah, its a very do-able self install as long as you have a way to get the two rotor screws off...... and of course a jack, and stands, etc...

otherwise if not... $110 ain't bad at all

·
Registered
437 Posts
50 an hour is nothing, around here its around 90$ an hour... Doing the brake pads/rotors isn't really too bad and its a nice thing to learn to do. But if you don't have the time or tools might be better off just spending 110$ to have professionals do it

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
pucker up and spend the 110, make sure since they are doing the job, to have a form of guaranteed warranty, or good terms

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
110 is pretty damn cheap.. i know people who pay 4-500 for complete brake job front and rear with jus regular brake pads and rotors.

But if you can do it yourself save 110. its very easy to do. if you have trouble getting the 2 screw that holds the rotor in, use a impact screw driver.. If you dont have one.. try jus taking a big screw driver that fits in there and turn it wit one hand and with a hammer in the other end, hit the end of the screw driver as you're turning. Worked for me a couple of times when i couldnt find my impact screw driver.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
yeah true, that's some good methods without some tools, I mean 110 bucks for me is like 5-6 tanks of gas... and I buy premium lol

and I buy in half-tank increments, so that's like 3-4 months of gas..

~P2P

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
SexiMexi on Feb/12/06 said:
so there is absolutely no way you can do it yourself? think of it like this....if you do it yourself, you're 110 dollars richer in a sense
Given my other commitments and the hassle it would be, it's easier for me to pay someone to do it.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
crazy_hype on Feb/10/06 said:
well if you already have the parts just install them yourself. not 2 hard to install
EXACTLY... it took me like ten minutes per wheel to do my brakes, and that was cuz i was bs.ing with a friend while i was doing it...

·
Registered
676 Posts
$110 is fair like everyone said.

But I honestly HIGHLY DOUBT that you never have an hour or so of time in your life that could be better spent.

Is doing it yourself not JDM anymore?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.