Team Integra Forums banner

1/4 mile 2nd or 3rd light?

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Strider7slvrGSR 
#1 ·
Im taking my gsr w/ just cai to the track next week for the first time,(pretty nervous) and someone told me to go on the second yellow, and someone else tole me to go on the third yellow...I would think the 2nd yellow would disqualify..no? Any tips, suggestions are welcome..thanks..

#2 ·
I'd go as soon as the 3rd yellow lights up. I cut a .501 one time like that. I swear a .501 feels like a red light. The only thing that kept me from givin up was when I went past the tree, I got a quick glimpse of the green lit. Awesome feeling. Good luck

#3 ·
which track are u going to? soon as u see the third yellow pop the clutch.. if its ur first time at the track.. dont worry about reaction time this isn't competition bracket racing.. i'd only worry about getting good times.. launch at 4700-5000rpms.. not sure what u should set ur tire pressure at on stock rims..

he he.. i did a p-brake drift at the 15mph turn the other day.. it was really loud..

#4 ·
SonicBlueTeg, I'm going to Carlsbad next saturday, with my friend and his prelude and this other guy that has a 12 second lightning..I heard Carlsbad has the second best track times after bakersfield for Ca, but the return track is pretty crappy..I'm pretty nervouse since its my first time and all, but im looking forward to it..It should be really fun..

#6 ·
second light.... i was running the 8th at mooresville and after many mistakes learned to drop the clutch @ 5000 rpms and i have been nailing good speeds and reaction times since....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.