Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep true to hear but it will be the last year for the RSX. I read posts earlier of people asking if they were stopping the production of it and when. So i was at the 2006 Auto Show in Philly Sat. and talked to the people @ Acura and asked if 2007 was the last year and they said that 2006 will be the last year and i asked, WHY? Because of the new civic si? Because a lot of people were assuming that the reason, for honda to focus more on the new si but they said no. They plan on making a 2 door TSX so the coupe will be bigger b/c they say they want a bigger coupe than the rsx is right now. Which sux i think b/c i love the rsx and was plannin on gettin one in a few years. But i figured i just drop this by TI so everyone will no whats goin on wit the whole RSX deal. (But they said acura could, cuz u never know what they will really do, keep the rsx in production for a lil longer, but they were told this is supposed to be final year of production :(! )

·
Registered
474 Posts
^+1 hopefully...I like the tsx, and a coupe might be cool, but a true sport coupe with a 4cyl has to be small and nimble, i.e. RSX Type S.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
sure sure, i remember when 04 was the last rsx. sigh. there is something i think everyone who knows and loves honda should have learned by now. . .and that is to NEVER trust what honda says until it actually happens. in their entire history never once can i think of a time i have read where they have actually acted on something they have talked about in the time frame they anticipate. i dont mean this as a bash to anyone. alls im saying is that whatever you hear, its most likely changed by the time u walk away. personally i think honda does this on purpose to get people off their back so they can work. when the nsx first came out no one knew a whole lot about it, it just sort of appeared and it worked for over 10 years. with that said . . . take it how you wish.

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Don't believe anything until you see an official statement from Honda.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
the nsx was supposed to be cancelled years ago...

one this if for sure. eventually the rsx will be gone. but it isnt gone until its gone. although i am not a fan of the g4 and am a loyalist of the g3s i do want them to continue for a year or two more so that there are more parts on the market...

i would really like a g4 interior in my g3 over the type r interior i currently have. although the type r interior is really nice too.

and i would also love the k series engine.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
because the chassis has been exhausted.

prelude was out for roughly 22-23 years.. the B_,_ chassis that is

We went through only 2 letters (BA and BB)

the integra has (now) been out for, ''I wonder how many years, you um do the math''.. its chassis however went through 3 letters (D_,_) so we went through many changes (couple or sedan) and trims (you all know) as well before arriving at the final form of the DC, but roughly it equates to 2 letters nonetheless..

I think it's time to put it to rest. )= I am going to go buy an RSX since it'll be a token now in roughly 10+ years..

~P2P

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
lol on clubrsx. I posted something just like this. My buddy at my dealership found it out he was depress as he is a 01 purple GSR and an 03 Pearl white type-S. Hope that it looks good. Also the SUV that acura has is getting a 2.3 turbo maybe in 07.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
That SUV turbo is the RD-X concept. Sounds really interesting. Also, the S2000 is susposed to be "retired" in 07 - 08. But like geeknerd said, they've been saying that for a while.

·
Registered
625 Posts
well it is a big possibility with the New Civic SI, since it seems to be replacing it.

The new SI comes with LSD, 6 speed standard and that alone is only 20k. Also, I forgot what magazine said, but the engine puts down 197 to the wheels, even though the engine is rated at that hp.

With a navagation system, total comes to around 21k msrp.

A lot more features for a lot less than the RSX-S, and puts down more power that it.

you guys do the math.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I dont like the new civic and and would much rather have an rsx...you do get alot for the money w/ the new civic but im not a civic guy and i dont like the body style of it..i would rather see the rsx stick around even though a 2 door tsx would be cool it doesnt have the soul of a true sport compact like the integra and rsx IMO

·
Registered
169 Posts
its gonna to be a sad day when the last rsx rolls off the line. hopefuly it wont be this year though, id still like to be the owner of a new type-s. not all that into the civic except for the engine and a tsx wouldnt realy be the same either at least the rsx had sport compact roots.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
HJLau75 on Feb/06/06 said:
well it is a big possibility with the New Civic SI, since it seems to be replacing it.

The new SI comes with LSD, 6 speed standard and that alone is only 20k. Also, I forgot what magazine said, but the engine puts down 197 to the wheels, even though the engine is rated at that hp.

With a navagation system, total comes to around 21k msrp.

A lot more features for a lot less than the RSX-S, and puts down more power that it.

you guys do the math.
Very true. I do like where Honda is going with the new designs, new engine series, etc.

one of the main problems I see with the '06 Civic Si is the VTEC engagement point and A/F mixture.

The Si runs too rich and the VTEC crossover is too high. There's too much of a dip before VTEC.

·
Registered
10,778 Posts
I heard this as well

RSX - gone
TSX coupe - replace the RSX
I also heard of rumors to bring back the Prelude with a boosted 4 cyl and rumors of resurecting the CRX. But thats all they are...just rumors.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.