Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im planning to buy an ITR wing for my gsr and paint it champ white to match my car. However, im not shure if i should do the trade off from my oem gsr led wing to the itr wing. Is the trade off worth the purchase and repaint?

voice your opinions so that i can be more comfortable with my decision.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Is the ITR wing an OEM one or replica? And also is it a straight trade or is there some cash on your part? I say if its a straight up trade and the wing is OEM and has no major damage likes a crack or anything, I would say go for it...NOW!

·
Registered
379 Posts
It's all a matter of preferance. Google some pics of a normal GSR and a Type-R. I would suggest getting the full Type-R lip kit, then paint your car. The ITR wing has led I'm pretty sure. it would look clean.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
*** Removed by user at Sep 12 2007 9:09PM (Server Time) ***

nah i would have to pocket out $100 and probably pay 60-80 for the paint...

btw its a replica itr wing i wouldnt ever go for the oem one even though its more "JDM legit" since there is a weight difference.

..so again..is it worth it to swap? and wat if i swap but not paint since the front hood is cf and abs mugen lip is black.

=) thx in advance guys

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
id say go for it oNLY if the replica wing fits like an oem one. Ive had a replica ITR wing on my last teg, and it didnt fit flush. I had to omit two bolts. ouch.

ITR wings change the look and the whole scheme of the car dramatically.
I think its worth it, oem gsr wings are hard to sell/trade.

I would paint the wing white, though. Dont make it a diff color, makes it look a bit cheap. Even if you can DIY spary with rattlecan... ive seen good work done with rattlecans, you just have to do it right.

I myself have even DIY painted my JDM front bumper.. and the turnout was awesome.. you just have to do it right.

You should be the judge... but my opinion is

GO FOR IT!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Im sort of in the same spot with u. Im getting my ITR wing next week. (LED Replica, it better #@%! fit good...) Its black, and right now my car is silver, and has dark tint, and will be getting black/chrome emblems, and the sideskirts are black by default. I think I might leave the wing black and see how it looks. I can always paint it later.

I started another thread talking about the whole black wing on a car painted otherwise. I did a quick photoshop and it looked pretty nasty (good way of course) to me at least. The car I photoshopped was not mine (it had shaved sides, painted skirts, but black rims and CF hood).

Anyway, yea, keep in mind the 3rd brake light. I didnt feel like rigging one up so I just bought the LED wing.

Also for the wingless people... yea it does look sweet as hell. But so does the ITR wing :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ITR wing with Led is that really necessary? I dont think that the real Type R comes stock with led itr wing does it? i rather think its itr wing is led-less on a real type R. lol....hehe we ran into another conjunction..now im debating about led or no led on the itr....XD

opinions greatly apriciated

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Vinnie on Sep/05/07 said:
It's all a matter of preferance. Google some pics of a normal GSR and a Type-R. I would suggest getting the full Type-R lip kit, then paint your car. The ITR wing has led I'm pretty sure. it would look clean.
There is no such thing as an ITR lip kit. There is only an optional lip kit. And the OEM ITR wing does NOT have an LED.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
ITR's always came with the hatch 3rd brake lights like others said (not LED wing). However I don't care for OEM or not for a wing. And I don't want to fool anyone into thinking that I'm driving a real ITR so I didnt care. If you are though, an LED wing will give it up right away.

Anyway.... Saves me the hassle of the 3rd brake light, and I almost like the looks of the LEDs being there. I was thinking maybe to just buy an ITR wing with no light and not do the 3rd brake but unless your car is a sleeper I can see the cops checking all the rules against your car.

Lotta people dont like the unpainted side skirts/mouldings on the tegs but I might actually keep it that way. I think it looks nice. And maybe it'll even work out with a black spoiler. In any case if its about style, do what you think is good... .. ... Just dont get altezzas ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea i agree. i really dont think the break light on the itr wing would be necessary and that w/o it gives off a feeling that the spoiler came with the car and not a piece of add on that is not to its true original designe. Well ima get the spoiler this week hopefully and try to put it on w/o paint first to check the balancing of colors black and white. thx TI team

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.