Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my #1 cylinder. At first I wasn't getting spark so I changed my plugs, found that it wasn't that. So, I put new wires on it and still no spark. Then, I changed my cap and rotor and finally I'm getting spark, but no action in my #1 cylinder. It starts up, but when I pull my number one plug there is no change in my motor. When, I pull any other cylinder wire I get a noticeable change in my motor. Anyone know what this might be. I'm getting ready to do a compression test so I don't have those results yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick

The Teardown/Start of it all
Head work and Bottom End Teardown
Headwork done and back
Motor's out of the car
More Parts...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
u dont need a computer. its a misfire on cyl #1... are u sure its ignition? have u checked for spark? if its happening only to one cyl its not ur coil, otherwise it would be to all cyl's random misfire.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LaPlataTeg on Oct/11/07 said:
u dont need a computer. its a misfire on cyl #1... are u sure its ignition? have u checked for spark? if its happening only to one cyl its not ur coil, otherwise it would be to all cyl's random misfire.
I'm getting spark in all of my cylinders and fuel, but nothing is happening in cylinder#1...

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HeroOfTheDay on Oct/11/07 said:
Sure you have the spark plug wires all plugged into the right places on the dizzy?
yeah, I've checked that a few times. But if I had them plugged in wrong wouldn't I get more than one cylinder with an issue? I just don't know what else to do to fix this problem.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You sure its not cylinder 4? Which one is it? By the cam gears or by the distributor? Cylinder 1 is by the cam gears and cylinder 4 is by the distributor.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FlatRate on Oct/12/07 said:
You sure its not cylinder 4? Which one is it? By the cam gears or by the distributor? Cylinder 1 is by the cam gears and cylinder 4 is by the distributor.
Yes it's number one (by the cam gears). I just can't figure this out. I mean I'm getting spark and fuel but no action in number one.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LaPlataTeg on Oct/12/07 said:
if you ECU is fried nuthin would work, you dont need a computer
But thats the thing. In the link that I posted in my second post someone was saying something about an injector sending unit in the ecu. I'm not sure if this exists, but when I switched my injectors the problem stayed in the same cylinder. I was still getting fuel and spark but absolutely nothing in cylinder #1. I just don't get it. I know that if my whole ecu were fried nothing would work, but there are components in an ecu that can break without the others breaking. I appreciate everyone's replies but no one is reading the link that I posted. I know there are some people on here that are having, or had, this problem. I also know that there are some people on here that can answer my question more than just asking me if I'm sure it's in cylinder1. I've tried everything I can think of here. I'd really appreciate someones knowledge with this situation.

·
Registered
47 Posts
how bad is the car running ? are you getting a constant noticeable miss ? or is is just once in a while , do a compression test . chances are you have a dead cylnder. if thats the case , then it could be pistion rings or valves if it burned one.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I highly doubt your ECU has gone bad, that just doesn't happen in Hondas. Although all their tests say if that nothing else works, replace ECU.

Try moving things around, like spark plugs or even wires, but make sure they go to the correct cylinders.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ferrariboy1989 on Oct/12/07 said:
check compression first, make sure you have spark by just grounding the plug on you block and looking for it. those are my only 2 ideas to tell you whats wrong
I've checked spark by doing that, compression is the only thing I'm waiting on testing.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TuVoK on Oct/12/07 said:
how bad is the car running ? are you getting a constant noticeable miss ? or is is just once in a while , do a compression test . chances are you have a dead cylnder. if thats the case , then it could be pistion rings or valves if it burned one.
I'm waiting on a buddy to come over with a compression tester to check compression. I'm hoping it's not that, but I did have low compression in that cylinder before I did my timing belt. Which was done the same time I did my plugs, wires, rotor and cap.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
00geezer00 on Oct/12/07 said:
Quote: ferrariboy1989 on Oct/12/07
check compression first, make sure you have spark by just grounding the plug on you block and looking for it. those are my only 2 ideas to tell you whats wrong

I've checked spark by doing that, compression is the only thing I'm waiting on testing.

Testing for spark that way has been known to kill the coil and ICM in the dizzy. Just a thought.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.