Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a jdm itr ecu to put in my gsr. ibought it for the redline and i plan on getting type r cams and springs.

ok the problem... i went to install it but the plugs dont match up. one of the plugs i use on the p72 gsr ecu is blocked off on the p73 itr ecu. and vice versa.

is there a jdm to usdm conversion harness or should it plug right in? or could the ecu i bought possibly be obd1?

any help would be greatly appreciated. thx in advance.

·
Registered
427 Posts
heres the deal... mail your ecu to me and let me have it. then you can have my GSR ecu.

·
Banned
2,368 Posts
DUDE....

Evidently, you haven't researched this topic at all. What have you read on using a p73 in a GSR? Where have you read that it's a good idea? Understand that the secondary butterflies in your dual-stage GSR intake manifold will NOT be operated by a p73 ECU. ITRs don't have them. IF you're going with an ITR or Skunk2 IM, MAYBE the p73 ECU would be a good idea. I'm not even sure of that.

So, what were you thinking about plugging in an ITR ECU to your GSR? BESIDES raising the redline to 8400? Why do you wish to do that? GSR cams stop pulling well before that.

And NO...the ECU you have (IF It's a p73) is NOT an OBD1. If you don't know how I know that, YOU need to do some more research, my friend. Well...I already know you do.

Do us ALL a favor and do some research on VTEC ECUs.

Ok...Ok....
I just noticed your join date....MAYBE I was a little harsh. See that blinking gold button over to the left? It has this nice little 6-letter word on it S*E*A*R*C*H. Try it. Try it...use it...learn to love it.

Man, you need to do a LOT more research before you start dumping money into mods.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I don't know what you are doing with that ECU. It's the wrong OBD version for your car (OBD2-B) and the ITR ECU does not have a an IAB signal for the GS-R intake manifold so you'll just destroy all your power before 5500 RPM for no reason.

I think you should sell the ECU and do some research on tuning devices.

·
Registered
328 Posts
that was a bad idea do some research on tuning gsr red line is 8200 why would you want to raise it to 8400 you don't always need a higher redline

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is an idea... if you aren't gonna give helpful advice, dont give any. neither of you helped in any way. i never said i was gonna plug it in now. i do remember mentioning i was getting itr cams and springs. and it didn't cost enough to be a waste of money.

also, i dont see what the big idea is about my join date. oh i guess that makes you more of a man. or maybe it means you know way more about automobiles than i do. no, it just means you may have owned an integra longer.

i researched the topic for about an hour but i couldn't find the answers i was looking for. thanks for nothing.

i thought hondahookup had all the geeks. sorry, guess i was wrong. i will continue my search for a helpful integra site

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thank you very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts