Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 00 GS with about 212,000 miles. I don't drive the car everyday (maybe 3 or 4 days a week) over the past month I would drive the car and it would stop running while its moving. Today I turned it over and while waiting for it to warm up (in the driveway) it rev to about 2000 rpm for a minute, then died. Has anybody had this problem? What was the problem.

·
Registered
192 Posts
most likely ignition coil or ignition control module.
test or just replace as they will for sure die eventually.

new plugs/wires/cap/rotor advised if unknown when last replaced.

·
Registered
52 Posts
When you say it dies, do you loose all electrical power or does the engine cut out? Does it crank after it dies? How long until it starts up again? If you prime the pump (turn the key to the on position and wait a couple seconds before cranking) does that help anything? Check for spark after it shuts off and plug a scanner into it even if the MIL doesn't illuminate

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
most likely ignition coil or ignition control module.
test or just replace as they will for sure die eventually.

new plugs/wires/cap/rotor advised if unknown when last replaced.
All were changed about a year and a half ago.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When you say it dies, do you loose all electrical power or does the engine cut out? Does it crank after it dies? How long until it starts up again? If you prime the pump (turn the key to the on position and wait a couple seconds before cranking) does that help anything? Check for spark after it shuts off and plug a scanner into it even if the MIL doesn't illuminate
Doesn't lose any electrical power, the engine shuts off. I tried putting it in Neutral, car will restart but shuts of once in gear. If I stop the car completely then it will restart and gears will engage without shutting off. This all takes about 1-2 minutes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Car will also shut off when I come to a stop light (doesnt do all the time) and try to pull off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts