Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine has had his rsx for about 3k miles and we were testing the car's 0-60. His times were consistantly 7.7's. We tested this at a speedway near us. All the magazines say that the stock times are round 6.7. I don't get it.

·
Registered
966 Posts
"How are you launching?" I guess is the question...

Also, really precise testing equipment might help their times--the little bit of lag before and after the launch can affect the time (either positively or negatively, though).

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, we've tried launching at all different rpms. I think the magazine times are just lies ahahah. well i don't know. oh sh*tz... does altitude make a big difference?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I take it you didn't get 60' times?

How much pressure was in the tires? I didn't realise how low people deflate their tires to drag until I went to a show last night and people were running on 10psi or less.

maybe thats the difference?

·
Registered
17 Posts
bad launch

tell him to launch at 7k and try to stay above 6k, smooth launch with out too much wheel spin, some though(ease out clutch, not dump clutch). launching 101

·
Registered
57 Posts
Your friend just can't drive. I was getting 7.5 seconds with stock GS-R. Still, that's a few tenths above the "official" time. Are you saying that Type-S is slower than GS-R?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Yeah, it's the altitude. It doesn't exactly help our 1/4 mile times either. The best time I could hope to get at Bandimere is around a 16.5.
That would be mid 15's at near sea level.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BloodyMario on Sep/11/02 said:
Your friend just can't drive. I was getting 7.5 seconds with stock GS-R. Still, that's a few tenths above the "official" time. Are you saying that Type-S is slower than GS-R?
K... first you say that my friend can't drive because he can't get the "official" times. Then, you say you were getting times above the "offical" time. Sounds like ur having a hard time driving too. All i said was I couldn't get to that time. nuff said. Bumpin someone isn't the way to reply. thanks weston. wasn't surei f alltitude made much of a difference

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Magazine times are tough to compare. I think it was Car and Driver who pulled a wimpy 15.2 1/4 mile while SCC pulled a 14.5. I wouldn't pay much attention to what the magazines say, the only thing that matters is how fast YOU are going.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good point surfer. But a big reason for buying is the performance from the car. If I go into a dealership and see a spec sheet saying 6.7 secs... damnit.. i want it to go 0-60 in 6.7 secs. lol...

·
Registered
608 Posts
i think when pro's drive it, the cars are broken in perfectly, new tires, perfect track conditions, low gas in tank etc etc etc soo many little factors involved. btw i dont believe at all that a type S no matter how well driven stock can pull off 6.6 or wutevers, type R killer..yea.. right dont believe all the mags
my car should be runnig 14.8 stock, i doubt i can even break into the 14's with all the conditions i just listed above im no pro

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ya i dont get that. A type R is soppose to be able to do 0-60 in 6.5 and a GSR in 7.2. But some GSR owners say they can beat Type R's in 1/4 mi. And alot of the time slips are close bettween them. The type R is lighter and has more HP you would think it would be quite abit quicker? I dont understand.

·
Registered
49 Posts
gabe02teg on Sep/08/02 said:
bad launch

tell him to launch at 7k and try to stay above 6k, smooth launch with out too much wheel spin, some though(ease out clutch, not dump clutch). launching 101
WHAT!?! Tell me that's a typo because first of all it's impossible to launch the RSX at anything above about 5500rpm as you can't rev above that when youre not moving and second of all you probably won't be going anywhere due to either wheel spin or a dead clutch..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts