WTB: GSR Sedan - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Anyone know of a good GSR Sedan out there to buy? I'm in the market for a car and I'd like to get another teg. I'm looking for a 2001 if I can find one. My main goal is to find one with as low of miles as possible. Maybe in the 70 or 80 K range. I'm not really picky on the color or anything as long as the interior isn't tan. Absolutely no tan interiors. Blech!

Anyway, if anyone knows of one for sale out there then give me a shout. [email protected]

w w w . O C D e t a i l s . c o m
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Nevermind. I went with a Corolla XRS instead. Basically the same performance as a GSR sedan, but about four years newer than any of those that I'd find. In fact, the performance specs are nearly identical. 170 hp at 7600 RPM, mpg about 1 off for city and hwy, wheelbase is about the same, and even the 1/4 mile is about the same. The big difference is the XRS has a 6 speed and is easier on insurance than a GSR is (with Integras being high on the list of stolen cars). I really wanted to get into another GSR sedan, but the XRS is dang near as rare, but there happened to be one in Casper that I bought last night. So I guess that is that. I'm still keeping my eye out on a good teg sedan that I can do a full Type R swap on. That is going to be my long term project and dream though...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
so did you get rid of your subi anthony?

TEAM TEKNIK 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-07-2007, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I sold that like a year ago. There were too many issues with it that Subaru didn't want to own up to. They are just now issuing recalls on things that I had replaced multiple times two years ago. I think I got a lemon that they didn't want to deal with. So I sold it and bought a Honda Pilot instead. That works out better for the family. Vehicle priorities are different when you have a family of four than when it is just one person. Most of my single friends can't understand why I love the Pilot and hated the Legacy, but family guys usually get the picture.

For the record, I did look for a Type R when I was shopping recently, but there weren't any of those on the market that I could find either. I really wanted another Integra in the stable. Type R would have been nice, but it just wasn't happening with the budget or the availability. The Corolla XRS has a good motor in it that will be plenty of fun for my short little commute. No regrets.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 02:03 AM

i don't blame ya man. i'll be starting a family too early next year so i know what you mean with like the suv thing. infact once my ITR and the girlfriends Mazda3 are paid off I will take the 3 as a daily and hope to get her a MDX or something. that way we will both have 4 door family vehicles for when the kids start coming.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

The MDX would be nice. It drives different from the Pilot, that's for sure. I'm not sure that it is worth the price difference though. Not that the Pilot isn't expensive enough as it is... The new ones start at like $36K. I got mine as a three year old truck with 34K miles on the clock for about 20K. That is more like it.

one kid in a sedan is fine, but once we had our second one I knew I didn't want to be hauling them in and out of a short car. Even the Corolla isn't going to be the most fun to get kids in and out of compared to the Pilot, but it will work when it needs to. I'm not getting rid of that truck anytime soon. I love my Pilot.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

I've decided that I'm still in the market for a sedan. I want a show car and I'm definitely thinking going Integra for that. I'm really partial to white, but it is going to get repainted anyway, so it doesn't really matter. The front can be messed up too for all I care because a JDM front end conversion is the first thing on the list. I'm going to go full on Type R sedan conversion with it. Motor, suspension, interior, everything. I may even go right hand drive with it just for impact. Let me know if you or anyone you know is looking to shed a sedan. Email is the best way to get in touch. [email protected]
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 PM

what price and mileage?

Turbo Lag was created to give V-8's a Chance
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-04-2008, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Price= whatever book value is for it. I'm not looking to be spending much more than 7K for it no matter what year.

Milage= whatever is reasonable for the year based on 12K per year. It doesn't really matter since I plan on swapping the engine out anyway.

I'm definitely looking for 98-01 body style. That's really my only stipulation. I may do the JDM front conversion eventually, but until that time I would want it to look like every Integra should.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-24-2008, 08:45 PM

have you checked KSL or craigslist? I've seen a few on there but they all seem to have a little higher mileage.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page