Help fixing Cup Holder - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
As you can see, my cup holder doesnt slide in and click like its suppose to, anyone know how to fix?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2008, 12:50 AM

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
The catch on it is busted, It was most likely pulled straight out once which broke the little plastic piece that holds it in. The cupholder works a lot like the clicky pens...pretty much the same type of mechanism. you will need to get a new cupholder which is separate from the ashtray assy etc. Should be able to find one for under $25 from someone parting out a g3. Check out the guy parting out the 94 RS in WV...mugenteggy1 I thinks his user.
M

2001 Honda S2000 - SCCA Solo B Stock
- FailinConcepts Racing
"One of the great things in motor racing is concentration. When I want to go faster I don't drive any faster, I just concentrate harder." - Jim Clark

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 07:33 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I fixed the same issue on my '94 without having to replace the assembly. I removed the cup holder tray portion from the housing which allowed me to access the steel pin that engages the white plastic spring loaded latch. The pin was no longer completely pressed into the tray which prevented it from engaging the slot in the latch. On mine, I just pressed the pin all the way home and snapped the tray back into the holder. To remove the tray to do the repair, you can release the two stops that normally hold it in by accessing them from behind the dash from the passenger side. They are a little tricky to get to but disassembly of the center console is not required as it would be to remove the whole cup holder assembly. Just take a long flat blade screw driver and insert it adjacent to the stop between the tray and housing. Then gently twist it to pry up on the tray housing so that it clears the stop tab while pulling out that side of the tray from the front. Work each side separately and the tray will release so that you can completely pull it out of the housing.

Once it's out, just press the pin all the way in to seat it and snap the tray back in place. The stops are angled at the back so they just snap back in. Even if you disassemble the center console to remove the cup holder assembly, you will still have to pry the unit apart so you really don't gain anything. And contrary to a YouTube video that indicates there are only two screws at the front holding the assembly in, there is a third screw at the rear that can only be accessed by removing the two piece center console unit and then the ash tray/lighter assembly to access the front two screws.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190208_162122762.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	135.6 KB
ID:	80278   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190208_162432849.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	80280   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190208_162217172.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	80282  

Last edited by '94redLS; 02-11-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page