Team Integra Forums banner

Winter Tire Advice

799 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Integra8022Gsr 
#1 ·
So after already being hit with a curveball of a storm, my teg got garaged cuz her shoes are too fresh for road salt...i plan on going into winter mode asap and i need some advice...

1. do i go with all season tires, such as the General GMAX AS-03 as found on tirerack

or

2. straight up winter tires, such as the yokohoma ice guard IG20 as found on discount tire

my concern is that here in NJ i wont reap the total benefits of having snow tires...but then again should it snow, i would like to be able to get around if need be...believe me i understand the dc2 is no STI in the snow soo im not looking to rally out there, which is another reason why i cant decide whether or not snow tires are necessary...just looking to hear what you guys have experienced...thanks in advance guys

#2 ·
I would say just go to all season tires because we are not going to hit by snow everyday like some other states plus it will help you grip better in the rain. I would also post on the wheel and tire thread on TI to get better answers justin

#4 ·
Steph (paller) runs nittos on her teg and she did/does fine from what she tells me.

But I'd say any all season will be good. Or get blizzaks on some steelies and never need tires again lol

#6 ·
i ended up going with the all season General GMAX's that recently came out...everyone seems to love them and they have decent ratings in light snow...i dont plan on letting my car see deep snow anyway cuz we all know how that will turn out...thanks for the input everyone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.