How to post pictures for your thread! - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By MorningZ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up How to post pictures for your thread!

Hello everyone, lately I've been seeing some for sale threads that haven't had any pictures in them and as you should know and according to guidelines, you MUST have pictures for your "For Sale" threads. Not having images will not only hinder the possibility of your sale, but you will also be contacted by a Mod requesting pics.

I would like to teach you a little bit about image codes and how they work. Just a heads up, whenever I write a thread or post, I always use advanced mode with the editor mode turned on. This allows you to see everything in its code format, which is I believe is useful when learning. Also, it makes it easy to spot formatting mistakes. Anyways...

Here is the address line to a photo...it's in raw format, we can't click it, we can't see the image.
HTML Code:
http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/FXMatthew/Team/IMG_0032.jpg
To take this address and turn it into an image, you must use image codes like these
HTML Code:
[IMG] INSERT ADDRESS TO PICTURE HERE [/IMG]

Take note that there is a beginning bracket and the end bracket
And this is what it should look like in your text/message box.

HTML Code:
[IMG]http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx110/FXMatthew/Team/IMG_0032.jpg[/IMG]

Note how the address from above is now inserted between the image code
When used correctly, you will get this:

You can either manually enter the img codes yourself, click the "Insert Image" button on top of the text box, or copy the address with the image codes already attached from photobucket.

So, now that you know how it works, you can try it yourself.

1)If you don't have an account with an image hosting site, then you should get one. Most common is either Imageshack.us or Photobucket.com. Personally, I use Photobucket and I wrote this guide based off it. Although, other image hosting sites differ, you can still use the same technique.

2)Once you have your account and signed in, begin uploading your photos! For PB click the green "Upload Now" button at the top of the screen. PB has a nifty tool that allows you to upload photos simultaneously.

3)After the upload, you will be presented with all the photos you've just added to your online album. Here you can either, select all of them and get a mass picture code for it OR just get a code for one of the pics.
To get the code for all the images, hit the "Select All / Unselect All" button located on bottom-ish of screen, then hit "Choose Action" followed by "Generate Link Codes for Selected". This will give you multiple imagecodes that are ready to be pasted. Come back to TI, and paste all of them in one simple move.
If you just want one image, move your mouse over the image and click the "Share" button, then "Get Link Code" tab, then copy the text that is under "IMG for bulletin boards & forums"
4) Come back to the thread/post that you are creating and paste into text box. PB already puts those codes on, which is cool. But its important to still know how to use the codes, because you may not always have the feature available. Especially if you are pulling the image directly from another site, or linking it back.

This was just a basic way of getting photos onto the forums. There are other methods and tricks associated with images. But this is the minimum required.

If you have any questions concerning posting images, feel free to send me a personal message. Or if you have any suggestions/comments concerning the guide, that would be much appreciated as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-11-2011, 10:27 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fxmatthew, ur the man, im a tard at this and i think i might be able to show T.I my scratched up teggy with ur help, thanks
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 03:55 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Go to: Imageshack

Select: Browse

Find the image you wish to upload

Select: Upload Now

Select: Forum Code

"It's quoted in the Bible, Revelations: Behold the black integra.
The man who drove it was Death, and Hell followed with him."

Last edited by Killswitch; 11-12-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Banned

can i do this with the address it gives me once i plug my camera in? basically skipping the photobucket or anyone type of site?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
no... people on the internet cannot see pictures on your computer, they *need* to be up on the internet
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

i decided to go with photobucket. very good site. haha anyways thanks man. sorry for being slow.

practice makes perfect... i hope it works!

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2012, 09:06 PM
Banned

yeahhh
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 04:47 PM

Directions for Photobucket, using Quick Reply:

Go to Photobucket (you'll need an account to upload pictures to your album). Locate the photo you want to post, in the album view. If you mouse over the photo, you'll see a box surround it. Click on the code/address in Direct Link box. The box should briefly read "Copied".

Now, back to the TI forums.

In the "Message" box, click on the "Insert Image" icon (the icon is also available if you "Go Advanced")

You should now have the pop-up window below. Paste the copied link into it, and your image is coded into your post. If you look just below the pop-up, in this pic, you'll see what the code should look like.

My '96 DC2 My girl's '98 DB8

Last edited by Drache; 03-31-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Corrected link/text
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 05:26 PM

Directions for the iPhone, using the Photobucket and AutoGuide apps.

Find the pic you want to link in Photobucket.

Tap the info icon in the bottom-right corner. Then tap the code in the "Direct" box.

You should get this confirmation.

Now, in the AutoGuide app, tap the bar that reads, "Open Advanced Options".

Tap "Image Link"

Paste the URL into the text box, and tap "OK".

You should end up with code like this.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 08:06 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

practice - hope it works
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Here is how to attach/post an image not needing any outside image hosting, although to note, you have a *limited* amount of image storage space directly here on the site but it is an option

Here is the example I'll show you how to do:

How to do that?

1) Go advanced !! (if making a reply)

2) Click "Manage Attachments" (this is on the "New Post" page as well as the "Advanced Reply" page)

3) Choose a file slot

4) Browse and choose the file from your computer

5) Fill more image slots as needed, when done, click "Upload". NOTE! there are file size restrictions, you may need to resize your file before uploading

6) Technically you are done here, the image will be "attached" to the post, but only as a thumbnail, you can leave as is and "Close this window" *OR* let me show you how to put the full sized image inline with your post

7) Right click on the image name and choose "Copy Link Address", now go click "Close this Window"

8) Paste what is in your clipboard inside the IMG tags and your image will be right in your post and hosted right here on the site!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ps_loop_05.png
Views:	416
Size:	828.7 KB
ID:	40442  
Jeffaome likes this.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2015, 08:34 AM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to atkinsonar Send a message via Yahoo to atkinsonar
^ Just bookmarked that Post... thank you Z.

13 Ford Explorer (Wifes)
02 HD V-Rod (latest toy)
95 Acura Integra GSR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page