Thoughts on my Integra's future - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thoughts on my Integra's future

It's an old picture, but this is mostly how my integra currently sits:

A few more issues with paint have come around over the years on the front and year bumper, not really sure what I want to do regarding that. I may have a crack at fixing those issues myself, it wouldn't be as good as a real repaint, but it would look better and I could learn something during the process. I can remove the bumpers and paint them in my garage.

Now, the engine, currently as it sits it is a 98' Spec JDM ITR with 60k-ish miles on it. It runs pretty well but on full throttle pulls I smell oil. It may need a new PCV valve and possibly rear main seal, need to run a compression test just to check health, last time I check was 2012 and the numbers looked great back then. It's running my own tune on moates demon currently, 255 pump, Apexi WS2, ITR trans and 4-1 header.

In the past it was LS-Turbo, now, I'm kinda wanting to turbo it again. My other car is a 17' GTI with a Stratified pro-tune in-progress with a target goal of 325whp/390/wtq. So I do have that to satisfy my turbo-itch. While the stock ITR engine is loads of fun, I'm split on what I should do, part of me wants to hear the whoosh of a turbo under its hood again. The ITR engine would need lower comp pistons and injectors to reach 400whp and maybe cams. Trans would need a clutch upgrade (maybe? current might hold...not sure) and fresh synchros would be nice, though none are in terrible shape.

Would I be committing a sin turboing an ITR engine though? Would it be better to sell the ITR and build up a GSR? Since it was turboed before it already has all the support equipment like a wideband O2 and I've got a full 3" exhaust sitting in the basement still. Another part of me doesn't want to spend much more on the car and leave it as-is...maybe just fix it up 100%, get it dyno tuned (230whp maybe?), and perhaps do some weight reduction.

Help me lol

Current Setup: 98' Spec JDM Type-R swapped LS
Former Setup: 250hp/250tq LS-T
My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2019, 09:45 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sounds like the engine needed a good refresh anyways, just rebuild it with a turbo. It's not like it's an original Type R that will be collectible some day, enjoy it. I'm in the same place with a 1971 Volkswagen Type 3 fastback i'm resto-modding, I was torn whether to put the stock engine back in or slap a 2.2T subaru engine in it and do wheelies. Ultimately I decided I'll do whatever sounds cool when i get to that part of the build.

95 Integra LS - Touge/Time Attack
B18b1
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The engine only has 60kish miles on it, but its still 22 years old, the the seals need a refresh at the very least. You are right, as a poor man's R I don't feel obligated to keep it NA.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page