Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team Integra Forums - Team Integra (https://www.team-integra.net/forum/)
-   The TI Pit Area (https://www.team-integra.net/forum/5-ti-pit-area/)
-   -   Need help with 94 integra LS Auto (https://www.team-integra.net/forum/5-ti-pit-area/342152-need-help-94-integra-ls-auto.html)

thavillain91 06-04-2019 10:55 PM

Need help with 94 integra LS Auto

I am hoping someone can help me with a issue i am having with my integra. the car starts up fine but after driving it for a while it starts rough idle until it shuts off. i replaced the distributor and spark plugs and it still does the same thing. if i leave it alone for a while it will start and run for a bit until it warms up then i am in trouble. i am desperate at this point because no car = no money. i do have a video but i do not think this forum allow videos, any help would be appreciated

jjkz24 06-05-2019 06:18 AM

Yes, the forum allows video. Anything that would help us would be great

thavillain91 06-05-2019 08:20 PM

thavillain91 06-06-2019 09:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
upon further inspection i noticed one of the EVAP lines has broken off and was just dangling freely but i dont know if that would cause the problems i am having also the problem only occurs when the car is warmed up, when the car is cold it seems fine and after the issues if i let the car sit for a long period of time it will start up no problem

thavillain91 06-06-2019 12:16 PM

i plugged it and i am still experiencing the same issue, car warms up idles rough then dies

thavillain91 06-06-2019 10:54 PM

well i guess no one can help me so i will post if i figure out the problem incase anyone ever experience the same issue

HA_FAB 06-07-2019 02:42 AM

Hahahaha most likely a bad IACV

Absolute_Yeti 06-07-2019 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thavillain91 (Post 2030079322)
well i guess no one can help me so i will post if i figure out the problem incase anyone ever experience the same issue

Forums are not as populated as they once were so waiting a day or two is kinda a minimum turn around. Like HA_FAB mentioned it's likely the IACV module not opening when at idle or sticking a bit.

link to how to clean it: https://honda-tech.com/forums/acura-...valve-1575913/

picture of it behind the intake manifold:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/VIgE8HwG5L8/maxresdefault.jpg

thavillain91 06-07-2019 04:52 PM

thank you i will follow the guide and clean it out IACV and see if that fixes the issue. another question should i keep the line plug that is broken that i mentioned above

Absolute_Yeti 06-07-2019 04:55 PM

I would fix it or look at some engine diagrams to see if it could be gutted personally. But we don't have any kind of rego inspection in Minnesota and my integra is just a track car.

thavillain91 06-07-2019 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
its the line that goes to the purge control valve.

Absolute_Yeti 06-07-2019 08:23 PM

just fix it then, it'll smell like gas in the engine bay if you delete that solenoid.

thavillain91 06-08-2019 12:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i cleaned the IACV and i am still having the issue. also while cleaning the IACV i noticed a couple things.
1- there is a nother line that is broken off that goes to the EVAP
2- i noticed this wire that was just hanging that looks like it clips on somewhere
3- i can now hear a click sound in the engine bay
4- i want t o jump off a bridge

thavillain91 06-08-2019 08:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
so far i installed a new distributor, spark plug wires, cleaned the IACV and checked for vacuum leaks and soon will be replacing the fuel filter witch i think is the original filter and i am still having the same issue.
upon further research i stumbled upon a couple articles that lead me to think it can possible be the main relay so i removed the relay and checked to see if it looks good and as the pictures show it looks terrible. i seen some arguments stating that if the main relay goes bad the car will not start at all but if there is a crack in one of the solder pins the car can still start untill it warms up then the relay will fail until the board cools off and contracts which will cause it to start again. how my car is behaving this makes sense but i dont know if the main relay can cause the car to idle low then shut off, there are times when the car will shut off then it will not start up again for a little bit. i am going to purchase the relay, o2 sensor, map sensor and the TPS sensor and istall them one by one to see if anyone of them solves the issue and if it does i will report back with good or bad news. this is my final effort trying to fix the integra.