RIP Diana Gilboy (MorningZ's Wife) - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 203Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 09:27 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I'm so sorry Steve. The two years I made it to the Dragon I ran into Diana a few times. Somehow, even though I had never met her in person, she knew me by name when I stopped by your cabin. The second year she talked with me for a bit at the general store when I stopped by before everyone went on the Skyway cruise. RIP Diana. I only met her a few times, but she really was a friendly person, and those are getting more and more scarce these days...
MorningZ likes this.

1996 Integra LS SE Sedan Daily Driver
My DB's Running Log
My FS/FT Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 09:58 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
So sad and tragic.... I wish I had a good story about her, but I never had the pleasure to meet her. She seemed like an awsome lady. I rode some backroads in her honor and memory today.
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 11:36 PM

Feedback Score: 39 reviews
I first met Diana on a trip to southern Florida for Steve's 40th birthday. It was a fun weekend filled with laughs, bar hopping, and good times all around. This was earlier on in Diana and Steve's relationship and to this day I can't get over how happy/giddy they both were. Two high school kids on cloud nine, simply enjoying each other's company. They would later marry but Diana continued to impress. It was great to see a couple both fully support each other's separate but sometimes overlapping hobbies. Between events, road trips, track days, vacations, Diana and Steve shared a great relationship.

"To change is easy. To improve is hard."- F. Porsche
ITR Expo 16 has been announced!

97' ITR Part Out Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 11:54 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Thank you everyone for the kind words, here and on FB... it's been an absolutely surreal day and a half and I'm absolutely heart broken.....

Know that Diana has told me so many times that she never met someone from this site that she didn't like, and I am so incredibly thankful for everyone we have ever met in person for making her feel welcome.

The amount of support I've gotten so far that you guys since yesterday (if you are friends with me on FB) and what I have been getting in real life... it's been incredible

I had two goals today that I accomplished:

- Nail down time and place for viewing (Mon the 12th at 4pm) and service (Tues the 13th at 11am)

- In this news report (watch the video), they interview a guy named Scott and I want to talk to him and meet him and shake his hand for trying to help, as he was part of the people trying to get my wife out from the wreck... a few hours ago I got his phone number and address and he already knows I want to talk with him, I can't wait for this

Anyways, my free time has been very very rare to say the least, but I wanted to say something in here to my Team-Integra family... you all mean so much to me and you meant so much to Diana, I can't be appreciative enough

Thanks so much to cheapstick for posting this

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg
Views:	612
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	55913  

Last edited by MorningZ; 05-16-2017 at 06:32 PM.
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 12:41 AM

Articles: 2
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Although it's been awhile since I have logged in here, I have always valued Steve's friendship from our old T-I mod days a decade ago -- thank you. With that said, Steve, my deepest thoughts and prayers go out to you and your families. I am at a loss of words.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything.
MorningZ and JustinKlemgold like this.
post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 05:14 AM
JDR

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sorry for your loss god bless your fam

Last edited by JDR; 10-07-2015 at 01:16 AM.
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:10 AM

Feedback Score: 36 reviews
I'm so sorry for your loss, steve. I read the news Sunday night on Ami's Facebook and was in shock and instantly filled with sadness. Although I never met Diana, I could tell by your fb pics that she made you happy and was an amazing person. My prayers are with you, her and sarah's family and friends.
post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Well....I'm not good at these types of posts....so I'll try my best.

I've known Steve for 13 years now - I "met" him on this site. Since then I've housesat for him, ran the site while he was out of the country, flew him up to my house twice to install blackjax on my tegs, and got to hang out with him at the Dragon this past year.

At the Dragon is where I met Diana. Even before we met, I knew this woman was something special just from Steve's posts on Facebook. You could tell those two were genuinely in love. Always happy. Always smiling. Always having a good time.

Then, this past year, I met Diana at the Dragon. Long overdue. Diana had an aura about her - and you wanted to be drawn into it. You wanted to be recognized by her. Type A personality as Steve always said. Seeing Diana and Steve together - geez - those two are always going at 100 mph.....always laughing. Always smiling. Always having a good time.

She stepped in and ran the annual kickball game like she had been doing it for years. And NOBODY ever said "Who does she think she is?" - they just accepted her with open arms and wanted to help in any way they could.

I got to speak with Diana one on one about her bike when she was wrenching on it. Yes, she turned the wrench like no other girl I've ever seen. That woman was the most confident, chin held high, woman I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and talking to.

And I knew Steve was in love with her. I've been witness to some epic rants from Steve about how he would never remarry....how it wasn't for him anymore....and she came along and changed ALL of that. THAT'S how charismatic she was.

I've seen all these posts on Facebook from people (strangers to me) and you realize how many lives she genuinely touched. It's amazing. I've never seen anything like it. And they all echo the same sentiment - she made you feel like you were the only person in the world at that time and gave you her full attention and energy. That aura.

I was at a wedding reception Sunday evening. Was browsing my phone and came upon a post on Diana's wall that referenced the accident. I froze. I got up and walked outside. I sent Steve a text and made a phone call. Came back in and told my wife. I sat there for another half hour and stared off into space basically. Finally, I went home.

That's from meeting Diana one time.....that aura. I felt like I had known her for years and years. I was stunned.

Steve - my heart breaks for you. I kept saying to Sandra "I am so concerned about Steve....he loved her." I am very relieved to hear about your support system you are seeing....but it's really no surprise to me. Much like Diana, you have an amazing aura about you that I don't even think you realize.

Love you both. RIP Diana.

2012 Mitsubishi Evolution X - 355 awhp / 350 awtq. Stock Turbo
2015 Lexus NX200T - Wife's Daily
2004 Honda Accord EX-L - Daily
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 AM

Steve, I am sorry for your loss.
I wish I would have met her.
I am sure she was as full of life as you are.
Keep your head up & live life to the fullest for her!

Phearable.net - Honda/Acura Electronic Fuel Injection Tuning Solutions
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 01:49 PM

Sorry for you loss I'm brought to tears reading this. I don't even know you but as an admin on this site, and I'm just devastated with the news.
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 02:47 PM

Articles: 1
For those who might not know, Stephen (MorningZ) is the founder and creator of this site. He built it from the ground up 15 years ago, investing more time and creative energy than many people do in their job. Check out this archived page for a snapshot in history:

https://web.archive.org/web/20080717....net/index.asp

Due to his hard effort over the years and the resulting growth of the site, he was offered a deal to sell the site while keeping his administrator title. His relinquishing management of the site to the new owner effectively gave MorningZ his life back. Time he was spending fixing site software and hardware issues he now could spend working on his car, meeting a wonderful woman, getting married, going to track days, home projects, etc.

For the many Team-Integra members that visit the site on a daily (if not hourly) basis, MorningZ is well known on the site. Many fortunate members have had the privilege to meet him and know him through Team-Integra events throughout the country.

For those of you who occasionally visit the site to learn how to fix a problem with your Integra, to read an article, or to offer advice on the forums, that is what Team-Integra is all about. And when you see that the author of the article is MorningZ, or when your forum question has an answer by MorningZ, you now know who he is.

RIP Diana. You are truly missed.

While surfing Team-Integra.net I listen to Pandora.com
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 04:17 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Justine wanted me to send her regards. After I left Dragon early this year, Diana helped this shy girl feel at home in a forest full of strangers and resolutely dodged any attempt of Justine's to pay for that pink TI hoodie. She was at a music festival Sunday and called me crying when she got the news. This forum, unlike any other, has always felt like a family to many of its regulars. Diana was the first lady of that family and reading this and Facebook has made it clear that her loss was felt not just in Florida, but across the whole of the U.S. and Canada.

You two are really something special to a lot of people, Steve. It's cruel that such bad things can happen to such good people. If you're ever in Central Kentucky and you need anything at all, I'll be here.
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 04:59 PM

@MorningZ Wow, absolutely tragic. I am so sorry for your loss Steve.
post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 05:45 PM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Absolutely tragic. My heartfelt condolences for your loss.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page