Team Integra Forums banner

Does it look weird/funny having an alarm on a 19 year-old car?

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  drmix 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a 1998 Integra that's in great condition. The exterior has been repainted.

It has a Viper alarm as well as another alarm that will automatically shut off the engine if someone tries to steal it.

One thing I like about the Viper alarm is the remote start.

The remote start won't start unless the car is armed.

My question is, even though the car looks good, does it look weird to other people to see this car with an alarm on it? Do other people with Integras still arm their cars?

I know that Integras used to be one of the top 10 stolen cars, but what about now in 2017?

#4 ·
1. who cares what it looks like.
2. It doesn't look like anything its an alarm
3. who cares what it looks like.
4. yes they're still big targets and get stolen plenty
5. age doesn't decide if a car or the items in the car are worth stealing

#5 · (Edited)
Does it feel weird if your teg been out of the public eye in the last 8+ years? HELL NO because I know for a fact my teg is still safe and I'm still keeping the mileage low.

You be surprise on how many Integra are still getting stolen till this day. You think a Viper Alarm will stop them? If they really want your car they will get it.

They stole my old team mate RHD converted Turbo K24 full cage Civic from his drive way with the steering wheel and ECU removed. Till this day his Civic was never recovered in Florida. The only way they got it is with a tow truck because his daily driven car that was parked behind the Civic was moved when he came home. My friend found his daily driven car on his front lawn and the civic was gone.

#7 ·
@phatintegra, I can't believe that story with the Civic....that is f*ckin' crazy man...wow!

@OP, like everyone else said, who cares what everyone else says or thinks. It's your car and your just trying to keep it safe. I didn't believe it was one of the highest stolen cars around, but it's true. And people are still buying the car to fix up and put quality parts on their Integras....I get looks and laughs all the time with mine, but I don't give a f*ck and could care less. I love mine and never regret ever buying it.

- DM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.