Team Integra Forums banner

Semi built LS-V for turbo

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JDR 
#1 ·
Have an LS block, b16 head, GSR tranny. Going to turbo soon, and before that way comes, I want my block to be semi built. I understand how blocks can be bored, resleeved, stronger, etc. but don't quite get which each purpose if for and what is better for what. Not asking for answers but asking for opinions and somewhere to learn more about this. But just want to know what's a good route for the block for when the times comes to turbo. Don't know if hitting the max bore is best for boost, or if making it as strong as you can. After i figure out what the plan is for my block, going to get the head redone with new valves, etc.. My goals are to make 350hp+ (hoping 4+), 15 lbs of boost, no budget.

#2 ·
Since the typical LS block can handle roughly 300hp on stock internals (From what I've heard) I would recommend getting new rods and pistons just for safety sake. If the clearances are good enough, you won't need a slight bore but it's usually a good idea to have a brand new surface when it comes to the rings sealing and it also depends on whether you go forged pistons or not. Also 15lbs of boost doesn't tell anyone anything so I'm just gonna assume you are getting a common T3/T4 60 trim turbo like everyone in their mother does. With Vtec and that turbo, 350hp is definitely a rasonable goal.

#3 ·
First is this a daily car or weekend warrior ? 350hp is vary reasonable with just piston and rod kit stock bore will be ok but recommend at least going .25 over just to freshin the sleeves . Your tuner will be your best friend he is the key to your success . Arp rod bolts and head studs are a must but often come with quality piston rod combos . You will want a low compression set up and if you plan on driving it for a while with out turbo you will sacrifice performance for the time being .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.