Team Integra Forums banner

B16 Head Plug?

14K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  James Dunkley 
#1 ·
I am trying to finish piecing this engine together and get it running. This is a B16 head on my B18C block. Can anyone tell me what that open threaded hole is in the middle of the picture, to the left of the dizzy??? Do I just plug it? I can't find it on any dealership's website :-(

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I dont think it is either, my b16a gen1 head(doing lsv b18b1 bottom b16a top) has the same hole with plug, just took it out to see where it goes and it does look like it runs up to the oiling bars on top of the cams, I'm pretty sure only b18/b20 vtec heads need to have the hole manually tapped into hence why the vtec conversion kit comes with the tapper to make the hole, correct me if i'm wrong though

#5 ·
For a B18C block, you can just plug that hole shut. BUT, please check lower surface of the head to see if the oil return port has been plugged. If there is a plug down there, remove it, then cap the other hole. If the plug cannot be removed, you'll have to run a VTEC conversion kit as shown above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.