New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 9 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #113 of 117 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
Yes, but that is only *part* of the issue

This shown below = inexcusable... here is Safari set for 1500x1000 pixels, much bigger than a majority of laptops and here is what the "front" page looks like.. this is what a user sees if they come to this site for the very first time

Seriously? How in the world would ANYONE who comes to the site for the first time be even remotely enticed to stay on this site, join, and be part of it, when they have to go through 1000 pixels high of ads, ads that have absolutely nothing/zero/zilch to do with the Acura Integra

Look, I understand AutoGuide acquired this site for one reason: ad revenue... but seriously, you aren't getting anything with that being your front/landing page. I guarantee more people are scared away by their first view of the site than the ones who get past that. Traffic has come to almost a complete standstill since the site changed hands and this absolutely, positively, 100% is the reason why. The whole entire purpose/focus/allure of the site has been COMPLETELY buried in a sea of irrelevant ads that do nothing but scare people away
The in image ad on the home page I'm getting looked at as it's a new version of an old ad partner so it can still be adjusted and improved
Surely, there has to be some middle ground where (1) you get some ad impressions in and (2) provide some relevant content to reel in potential members/traffic.

If I just got an Integra, search Google for "Integra help" and got sent to the URL/homepage "www.team-integra.net", I very well might be clicking the back button and going elsewhere. It kills me to say this too.

Something more than the super limiting "500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB": the internet is much past the realm of 56k modems at this point... 700x250 would be a good start

I've made this adjustment now

It appears so.

Issues you don't talk about:

Site Articles (here on the site, it's the "Blog" section):

This site was built not on traffic, not on "hits", not on ads, not on revenue, but on information. The mobile web version of this site completely disregards the whole entire articles section, making it next to impossible to "pull up an article" on anything "mobile". It's frustrating as heck to search google for something like "integra shock install" on one's phone, see a link to that nice, picture filled article detailing the process step by step that has been on site since 2002, has been viewed 60,000 times just since you guys acquired the site, only to get kicked to the main landing page for mobile because that code acts like that information does not even exist.

(i just went to check the mobile thing again to get some screen shots, wow, it worked, it showed the article in a mobile friendly form, that may be fixed! great!)

To add to that, there is no link to it on the top bar of the desktop version of the site. You're losing your precious page impressions and hits by not making it available for people to browse. It's full of great detailed information that had been the backbone of this site for a decade . (this link as i write this definitely is not there by default)

Would you want it on the end next to Insurance or in the tools menu?

All the JavaScript you guys include on the site for ads:

I don't know about other Mac users (or even people on Windows), but on both Google Chrome and Safari in OSX I simply cannot create a new thread on this site without the browser just hanging up on me. I don't create a lot of topics, but when I have to, I actually have to pull up the mobile web version or use Tapatalk to create my topic, then come back to my laptop to edit/add to it
What scripts does it hang on? We are investigating a few presently that are network wide

I could go on and on about issues, but the above is a good start. I hate to be all worked up over all this, but we are going on 6 months now of this "new" layout that the be honest: stinks... and it's killing the site

I hate having to do the whole responses in red thing but it made it easier to respond to your points, thank you for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
To amplify what @MorningZ has posted, the only way I can use the site is with heavy editing, mostly using Ghostery to block a lot of content not relevant to the name and intent of the site. Not loading the giant piles of ads (I paid for a lifetime membership, I don't feel too bad about it) also speeds the site up a LOT. It's less crashy, and in general, a much nicer experience.

I've posted before about the issues I have with the design. Thanks to the tweaks Z has sent out for userland CSS and JS mods, it's a nice place to be, but I have a constant worry that it's going to end up driving me away with another design change that does nothing but try to drive more ad revenue.
What ads are you still seeing despite your lifetime status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatintegra View Post
For the garage section can we have a filter in place that we can search by year of vehicle, etc.

I remember on the old TI website we had a section for motor spec and dyno numbers and it was separated by motor, N/A, Boost, etc.
I have to see if the Garage program supports that now.

Kyle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #114 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 10:49 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Anyone actually use this site much anymore?

I cannot use it at work for more than 10 minutes without having to shutdown chrome from all the ads and pop-ups and crap going on in the background. I'm pretty sure that is why this site has lacked activity. I have been around for maybe 14+ years off and on and stopped my daily commute to T-I.net once the new site rolled out.

Links are broken, technical DIYs are missing. AutoGuide really pooched the screw on this legendary Integra website.

I still manage to find what I want, but the lack of active members makes it not worth it to visit it everyday. It seems that recent posts are out of order or months ago.
IntegraCF21 and jjkz24 like this.

Water leaks fixed for now. Working on getting body back to OEM.
post #115 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by macura2001 View Post
Links are broken, technical DIYs are missing.
Hey there,

So sorry about this.

Can you grab us the thread with these issues? I want to have a look at it and have them fixed.

When accessing the site, are you on enhanced mobile view?

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #116 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 07:29 PM

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hey there,

So sorry about this.

Can you grab us the thread with these issues? I want to have a look at it and have them fixed.

Ed
I do not use the mobile format. I use Google Chrome on a laptop or desktop. I probably found my answers already on other threads, possibly Honda-tech, but if I find more, I will certainly post back. I am doing a lot of research lately for my Integra.

I will say the lag from ads (or whatever was slowing the site down) has improved yesterday and today at work.
post #117 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 07:49 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Hey there,

So sorry about this.

Ed
There absolutely positively should be a link to this

https://www.team-integra.net//forum/b...ecent-entries/

named "Articles" in the main menu of this site

As for broken links, it's all related to the changeover to vBB software or whatever this is. At first your team had some url rewriting in place that covered most of it, but those seem like they've been lost in the shuffle

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page