New site look and software upgrade Feedback Thread - Page 2 - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra
 85Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #15 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 11:43 PM
Site Founder/Administrator

Articles: 75
Garage
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
White space? Yeah

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	65122  
dpaton likes this.

- Running Log, the trials and tribulations of building a car

echlonwarrior: "Hondabond saves lives"
K2sInteg98: "the best thing to do is keep spending and not keep count....lol"
dpaton: "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 08:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have to say. This new layout is sooooo terrible and is less likely to make me want to sign in.

The DC2R in the banner is nice...but whatever pic you used is bad. The photoshop on the front is bad. There's a glare on the windshield. And the bright headlights are also kind of meh. Blending into the page almost.

The google search bar sucks and shouldn't be there. The buyer's resource is especially stupid. Recent Discussions should be higher than two of those dumb things. The random facebook page banner in the bottom right is also stupid.This whole layout is bad and is a eye sore. The middle section of this "post module" looking thing is also not very ergonomic, it's clunky, and nearly disproportionate to my eyes.

You should go back to square one because it is a very bad job.
dpaton likes this.
post #17 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 09:23 AM

Garage
Also to note @Administrator

There are no links for myself and the moderator crew to approve threads/posts

Seriously, you way jumped the gun on this hastily rolled out new version... there are going to be a lot of headaches over the next few weeks as a result
dpaton likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 09:35 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooR View Post
The DC2R in the banner is nice...
I don't think that's an R, looks to be 4 doors and a sunroof.

2008 Subaru Forester 2.5X
2005 Subaru WRB STi
2000 Integra Type R #685
post #19 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b18c5rjdm View Post
I don't think that's an R, looks to be 4 doors and a sunroof.
Thanks for making my point! The pic is so bad that I couldn't recognize a type R!

Bad layout is bad.
post #20 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningZ View Post
Why would there not be a "Forums" link on the main/home page?

Should be there now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhabell View Post
I haven't had time to check from a desktop, but from a mobile device, I miss having threads with new posts being in bold on the landing page.

Also on the landing page there are way less threads, not as much new stuff to check out with out having to click all around.

New site is harder to navigate. I visit the site several times each day every day. you have to do a lot of clicking and detective work to find all the new content on each visit with the new setup. I visited several times since the overhaul and it appeared no one posted today until I saw the new post tab. The new landing page is kinda boring actually. I like to see what is new the very first thing when I visit. overall I think it needs to be reworked.

But that pic of the white teg with the lights on in the banner is pretty cool.

One question, so with the new drag and drop feature, we don't have to use services like Photobucket any longer to upload pics?

Thanks for putting in the time to update the site. Can't wait to see what else is new.
There should be a most recent discussions function on the side bar as well, new content still bolds on the forum page just not the home page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmix View Post
X2 This was my primary way of checking in to see what was new from a quick glance. I really miss not having this feature

Im also not a fan of this Google bar on the right. It makes it seems like when browsing threads that the content is squished to make room for the bar.
Can you show me how it's squished?

Quote:
it is just a few clicks away to see new posts and it's even separated by what you've seen and haven't: News Posts > Today

I'm not sure if it's bookmarkable though, this is the link to it:

https://www.team-integra.net/forum/se...archid=8197914

does that give people the desired result or an error page?
New posts is a search function so the link will never be the same twice, Team Integra Forums - Team Integra - Active Topics that's static though
Quote:
Just what i figured.

Since those links go through the "search" function/feature, it's not a static link or even usable across sessions, which means one cannot set a bookmark for the "Today's Post" page because it has no idea what "searchid=8197914" is across users/browsers

Quote:
hmmm... seems like *this* link will work though

Team Integra Forums - Team Integra - Search Results

(then it gets sent through search module, but that link will always work, so set your TI landing page to that!)
Also you can use this one Team Integra Forums - Team Integra - Active Topics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaelorr View Post
Will a dark option be available at some point? I didn't see it in the User CP and largely white forums can be a bit... blinding.
What colors would you like to see for the dark version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpaton View Post
The new "Active Topics" seems to represent less information with more screen space, compared to the old 'Posts since last visit'. At least bolding works. I think? Kinda unimpressed.

Where did "Subscribed Threads" go to? That was the second place I usually went, after the 'since last visit' search. Oh, there it is, 5 clicks down the rabbit hole. Ugh.

@ mentions are new? Haven't we had those for something like a year? Oh, wait, that was 2014:
https://www.team-integra.net/forum/23...tion-plug.html

Ads seem more intrusive. Why is insurance a top line menu choice? That doesn't make any sense in the context of the other menus.

The homepage seems cleaner, but the radical change in information density on the homepage makes me think I'm on a mobile page, not one built for desktop/laptop users. The new look may be cleaner or better to some, but it looks simple in the negative way to me.

Lots of whitespace was added. To what end? I now have to scroll more to see the same information. It seems like design was considered instead of usability.

Overall? Much less happy with the form and function. It seems the design was changed for the sake of change more than to optimize anything the user experiences.

I'll reserve final judgement until I've used the new skin for a few weeks, but my inclination for now....
We can increase the results for Active topics if you like. Subscriptions is right bellow the navbar next to "Your Notifications" @mentions are connected to a different system with hashes, thread tagging and quote information, new system similar function. The Insurance thing is a separate page that's why it's in the navbar like Garage and Gallery. Where are you seeing the excess white space? In posts? In the site bars? It wasn't for the sake of change, the new skin is just the aesthetic part of it there are significant upgrades to processing SEO and mobile functionality behind the scenes as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILxIntegra View Post
I also liked having the newest topics displayed first when going to the main page, something that has remained unique to this site. I personally don't care about any of the Honda news we see these days. I come here for the Integra stuff, like our motto says. While it's sad this is gone, I believe the 'Active Topics' tab at the top, second/third one from the left, is essentially the same thing. This page can then be bookmarked if you wish to skip the home page stuff. Green check marks also appear next to any threads you are subscribed to.

Like Z mentioned above, the Forums tab is not present on all pages, only some. This should be there no matter what page you have loaded.

Edit: Another thing I noticed. Clicking on the banner will sometimes take you to either the main forum page, or the home page with all of the Honda news on it. This also coincides with whether there is a Forums tab or not.
Does the URL change when you get the homepage issue?

Quote:
Also to note @Administrator

There are no links for myself and the moderator crew to approve threads/posts

Seriously, you way jumped the gun on this hastily rolled out new version... there are going to be a lot of headaches over the next few weeks as a result
Where would you like to see the mod tools?

Kyle
post #21 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 11:58 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The current scheme is fine, it's just a bit like staring into a light bulb. I think the dark skin on the previous version had a background that was a little brighter than charcoal with white text. The bars that are currently bright red were toned down a bit. Does anyone have a screenshot of the forum from last week?
Shuudoushi likes this.
post #22 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 12:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Where would you like to see the mod tools?

Kyle

"Anywhere" is better than "nowhere"

Something like :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #23 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Articles: 1
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Thumbs down

Quote:
We can increase the results for Active topics if you like. Subscriptions is right below the navbar next to "Your Notifications" @mentions are connected to a different system with hashes, thread tagging and quote information, new system similar function. The Insurance thing is a separate page that's why it's in the navbar like Garage and Gallery. Where are you seeing the excess white space? In posts? In the site bars? It wasn't for the sake of change, the new skin is just the aesthetic part of it there are significant upgrades to processing SEO and mobile functionality behind the scenes as well.
Kyle, the additional whitespace is everywhere. More spacing between table elements, larger red menu bar, TONS of dead space around the message composition area (I browse at 1280x800 at home, and something like 2500x1200 at work, and I have nearly 2in from the right edge of the message composition widget to the right edge of the table cell containing it), everything made all Web2.1-ish...it smacks of design for designs sake. It looks like nothing was optimized for different screen sizes very well.

Yep, I get a facepalm for missing the relocated subscriptions link. Oops. Sorry.

The Buyers Resource really doesn't offer much help to a new buyer, especially since this site is about cars that haven't been produced in anywhere from 9 to 27 years, and the information the links point to isn't useful to that market.

The banner really needs rework. The PS job on the white 4dr is atrocious. If there's a way to make the nice big multicar banner that was teased work, that would be a huge improvement.

I have no issue with the back end changes from what I've seen so far. Drag and drop attachments are nice, the speed bump is noticable. My complaints are all about the skin, which is totally an aesthetic change, and goes against several normalized rules of design for websites. New users signing up for the first time may not notice the issues, but for the many thousands who were here 'before' it's a big slide downhill for information density and usability.

And yes, part of that comes from how different it now looks from almost every other forum out there. Being different for difference' sake..well...my opinion is well know now.

As far as the mod tools link, I see it where it always was, way down in the bottom menu. Probably the one thing for me that didn't change.

95 EJ1 Milano RIP/died/sold -> 98 DB7 CSM RIP/totalled -> 97 DB7 CSM Awful. Sold it back. -> 01 DB8 YR525M RIP/totalled -> 06 Civic LX daily -> 1991 CRX HF (YT)

Integra friends are the best friends.
post #24 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:18 PM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Can you show me how it's squished?
The section in green is the only usable space to view posts. Since the bar in the right dominates like 25% of the screen it leaves little room for reading posts. This causes more wrapping in the text which means more lines of text and more scrolling.

Can we just ditch the bar on the right completely? It serves no purpose except for being an eyesore.
post #25 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:59 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Too much crap on the home page rather than Integra content. I'm here for Integras not other stuff like the latest civic pictures. The latest posts option should be front and center.

Quote:
hmmm... seems like *this* link will work though

Team Integra Forums - Team Integra - Search Results

(then it gets sent through search module, but that link will always work, so set your TI landing page to that!)
Thank you! I've changed my home page for the first time now since I found this site.

Just found something annoying. Having to scroll down to find the notification option, then scroll up or down some more to get back to the post button is annoying. I use that way more than I'll ever use the trackback stuff.

Do me a favor.From now on don't care what other people think about your car. Do what YOU want to your car. Who gives a damn what other people think about it.
post #26 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Super BunchaNumbers

Quote:
"Anywhere" is better than "nowhere"

Something like :

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clickable shortcut from before that was always right on the front page showing what needed attention was awesome. I'd catch things much faster that way rather than having to go to a different section to see if there's something waiting.
post #27 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 01:28 AM

Garage
agree with voodoo.
slow and buggy. design seems pretty but not logical.
i wish i could say i liked it, but i hate it. ):
sorry
VoodooR likes this.
post #28 of 117 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 10:47 PM

Garage
A dark theme is truly needed. I work during the day and like to sit in a dark room when I get home (the shops lights are BRIGHT), so getting blinded when clicking my way to the forums to check out what's new gives me a massive headache... This is a screen shot from github using a custom script based theme, but it's pretty close to what I like to see in a 'dark' website theme:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page