Got a Wheel. It won't come off. - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got a Wheel. It won't come off.

Driver side wheel won't come off my teggy, it's a LS with aluminum GSR wheels that I never find anymore around here. Lug nut snapped off almost at the bottom of the bolt. Tried impacts, reverse sockets, a propane torch, and nothing. Still there. Rounded to shit. Think I can drill the stud out and just replace stud? Thought about saying &^%# the brake shield, cutting it out with a grinder, and cutting the stud from behind. Anything to not ruin my wheel lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 10:50 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Perhaps you could have a socket welded to the nut? Depending on the wheel design, as long as the nut is protruding out enough. If you go the route you described, the scope of work will increase significantly, and so will the cost. Heat shields are $50 new, something to consider. Plus if you damage the lug stud you will have to replace it. That means you would have to remove the hub assembly separate it from the knuckle, which requires a press. Can't remember how much it was to press the bearing out, but not less than $50 I'm sure. And you would need a new wheel bearing as it will get damaged under press during the removal process. Just something to consider.

My Build
404whp
[email protected]
Best 60' - 1.729

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page