195/45 tires on 15x8 wheels - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
195/45 tires on 15x8 wheels

hey everyone! I just bought some 15x8 wheels and 195/45 tires. I tried looking at pictures of this setup before I made the purchase and they dont look stretched at all, but after looking at it on a tire size calculator app it shows that it is stretched, my concern is if I will be able to get these mounted at just any tire shop? Maybe they can just blast it with a cheetah tank?
I do work at a scrap yard and have access to a tire machine but I fear that the one we have will scar the hell out of the wheels (probably due to the guy that runs it more than the machine itself) and we dont have any sort of bead blaster down there because we just have the setup for selling used tires.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 08:47 PM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
A lot of service centers are saying "no" to stretch tire installation, just because they don't want the liability concerns that go with it. Any reason you went with this combo? a 15x6 or 15x7 would be the max if you're not wanting to go towards a stretched look. Additionally, a 205/50 tire instead of your 195/45 would've been a better route, in my opinion.

770whp/500wtq @31psi E85

2013 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner
2011 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Integra Class Winner

2010 Carlisle P&S 1st Place Acura Class Winner
2009 Carlisle P&S 2nd Place Acura Class Winner
2007 Tuner-Evolution 1st Place Acura Class Winner

Click Me: Check Out My Build Thread - From Stock to 770WHP
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2017, 10:59 PM

best bet is to find some place that does fab work like a tuner shop or something similar they'll do it for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjkz24 View Post
A lot of service centers are saying "no" to stretch tire installation, just because they don't want the liability concerns that go with it. Any reason you went with this combo? a 15x6 or 15x7 would be the max if you're not wanting to go towards a stretched look. Additionally, a 205/50 tire instead of your 195/45 would've been a better route, in my opinion.
there are multiple reasons I went with 15x8 over 15x7, starting with the fact that I couldn't get a wheel that was in my price range, in the style I wanted, and the offset i wanted in 7 inch wide. 15x8 is definitely the most common 15 inch wheel size among aftermarket wheels. 6 inch was never a consideration because it was the same width as stock, and there are very limited options for offsets and styles, worse than 7 inchers. the reason I didn't choose 205's is because 1) I was able to get toyo proxes t1r's for like $60 per tire in 195 45 2) my wheels are zero offset so a taller tire will require more fender modification and camber to work and 3) 205 50's are just as stretched and 195 45's on 8 inch wheels, they just have more sidewall.

I really posted this to get feedback from someone who has attempted this combination themselves and can say from first hand experience what it took to get them mounted. I already know that mainstream tire shops wont stretch a tire, but im wondering if the stretch is minimal enough that they wouldn't even consider it a real "stretch."
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 10:47 AM

Garage
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Kelliher View Post
...but im wondering if the stretch is minimal enough that they wouldn't even consider it a real "stretch."
That is completely up to the shop that you inquire to. Each shop is going to have their own preference on what is considered "stretched".

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page