Team Integra Forums banner

1997 Wheel Bearing

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Redteggy96 
#1 ·
So the wheel bearing in my 97 Integra decided to call it quits. I went to my Honda dealer and ordered a new one, but to my surprise its going to be $160! Now my question is, do they sell hub assemblies with the bearing already installed? Because for that I can Justify spending that much.
But if its just the bearing they are totally hosing me and I will definitely not spend that much, when I can buy them online for under $100.

I'm hoping for it to be a hun assembly with a bearing already pressed in.. If not that means I have to take my hub back to school with me, just so I can use our hydraulic press. And unfortunately my university is about 200 kilometers from home which is where my teg rests.

#2 ·
I got my wheel bearing replaced recently. I bought it from rock auto for like $35. All I did was take the spindle out and take it to my local pepboys and had them press out the old bearing and press the new one in. I think they charged me like $40, but way better than fighting with a slide hammer for hours.

#3 ·
i have an extra set of boneyard knuckles so i can just drop one off with a new bearing at the local shop. seeing one on ebay for $70 w/free ship. the timken bearing for $40 or so is a good choice. ntn and skf also good. avoid made in china bearings at all costs!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.