Team Integra Forums banner

18s on a teg

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  JDR 
#1 ·
Got offered a set of Drag (DR40) but in 18s.
Bad idea to be going on a 4 door 97 gs? It is stock right now..
Any ideas?

#7 ·
Have to say I disagree if you want to actually get the most out of the car. 17" is what Real Time Racing ran first with Vok TE37 and then the SSR Comps ($$$). Pretty sure they ran a 225/45/17 with rolled fenders. Hard to compare where their cars are so custom and the larger diameter tires worked with their shorter final drive and everything. Either way, 15, 16, or 17 probably won't make much of a difference. If you are comparing lap times on a road course though, I have a feeling there's a reason RTR went with 17s.

#9 ·
I did have 18" Rota Subzeros on my teg, with very low profile Yokohama Prada tires. Bone stock suspension and fenders, never had any rubbing issues. It was somewhat of a bumpy ride. I probably would go with 17's next time, but with the right tires you can fit 18s and still have a fairly accurate speedometer. I really like the TE37's in bronze if I ever have a chance at a low price.

#14 ·
^Those are much better and I think you will be happier in the long run with the added selection of tires (which usually means cheaper) and the added comfort of having an ample sidewall. Just be careful with buying used though. I would never really count the tires towards the cost too much because it's really hard to evaluate and there's a lot of crooks out there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.