Team Integra Forums banner

98 Integra LS wheels and tires suggestion

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  kocadere44 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have a 98 Integra LS. I have the 17's on it at the moment but I am thinking on taking to track on the weekends and drive daily also.
Thinking about getting TRMotorsport C1 rims. Tirerack has the tires and rims but, not the size I was thinking about getting.
These are the Mazda miata specs 15x8 225/45-15 tires 20mm offset (I am worried that it might rub on the fenders, but I know it will look really good and had some rubber)
16x7 205/45-16s 42mm offset
15x8 195/50-15 20mm
15x8 225/45-15 20mm ( I would like to get this one but I need more suggestion)
Please help me out here. I am pretty sure someone out there might have tired these tires.

#2 ·
An 8" section width will rub without some prep. Think rolled fenders and carefully adjusted suspension. The 16x7s you have noted will be the most usable I think, depending on what track you're going to. The LS motor and trans are geared toward economy more than track use, so a smaller tire (15x7) would give you slightly better 'zoom', as well as letting you carry less unsprung weight, which will improve the dynamics of the suspension.

You need to tell us more about your targets for the car as well. Any modifications? What kind of track are you planning to run on? Are you OK with having a spare set of tires/wheels for track use only?

There are a lot of things that influence the combination of 'will it fit' and 'is it a good choice'.

#3 · (Edited)
Thank you for the detail information. For now I will be driving daily still. It is still stock pretty much. Have an Apexi WSII catback and ITR replica header, and a short ram custom air filter. This coming spring, I am planing on doing a K24swap. I will definetly modify that one, then I will be taking to track. I am from MO. So, closest track we here is the heartland park.
Rightnow, car is lowered with TEIN's 2.5"front and 1.9" rear. It seems like 15x7 with 205/50 would be a smart choice or 195/50 would be for daily driving so far.
Once I do the swap, I will be getting adjustable coil overs and probably will do lots of adjustment to suspension.
Do you think once I am ready for track, 225/45-15x8 20mm would be good choice.
Here is how it looks with 17"

[/IMG]=http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/chn44/media/integranew_zpsa2a1b0b9.jpg.html]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.