Team Integra Forums banner

Got a Wheel. It won't come off.

934 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Built_not_bought 
#1 ·
Driver side wheel won't come off my teggy, it's a LS with aluminum GSR wheels that I never find anymore around here. Lug nut snapped off almost at the bottom of the bolt. Tried impacts, reverse sockets, a propane torch, and nothing. Still there. Rounded to ****. Think I can drill the stud out and just replace stud? Thought about saying &^%# the brake shield, cutting it out with a grinder, and cutting the stud from behind. Anything to not ruin my wheel lol

#2 ·
Perhaps you could have a socket welded to the nut? Depending on the wheel design, as long as the nut is protruding out enough. If you go the route you described, the scope of work will increase significantly, and so will the cost. Heat shields are $50 new, something to consider. Plus if you damage the lug stud you will have to replace it. That means you would have to remove the hub assembly separate it from the knuckle, which requires a press. Can't remember how much it was to press the bearing out, but not less than $50 I'm sure. And you would need a new wheel bearing as it will get damaged under press during the removal process. Just something to consider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.