Team Integra Forums - Team Integra - View Single Post - Get engine low enough, to get direct view of timing belt tensioner?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 04-06-2019, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
k3ntegra

Vise grips were no good in my case. I'd like to also advise other from using a drill to remove the bolt; small m7 bits just ended up snapping, and the big ones getting dull. Hopefully angle grinder will do the trick.

In case anyone's interested:

Quote:
With the exhaust manifold removed, I was able to remove the green and purple bolts (latter slightly loosened to make it pivot) pictured below, from under the vehicle. For the blue bolt, I had to remove air-intake hose. Also had to dismount the radiator(?) hose at the front of the engine, and disconnect fuel filter hose, to prevent them from getting damaged while lowering engine.

Edit:
The passenger side mounts both need to be loosened, in order to bring the engine low enough to get a direct line of sight of the tensioner bolt.

I was able to use a 20v battery powered grinder to take off the head of the bolt in under 5 minutes, then use my hand and un-thread it.

I was able to also use 'cheap' HSS M2(?) left-handed drill bits to remove that AC compress tensioner bolt that has tendency to snap off.

2001 Integra GS Automatic Coupe; B18B1: 240,000 miles.

Last edited by k3ntegra; 04-09-2019 at 07:23 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome